Technological Advancements in Rubber Testing has Improved Market Demand
Rubber testing techniques have come a long way since Dr. Melvin Mooney presented the first practical viscometer for gauging the viscosity of rubber batches. The formulation of ASTM standards proved to be quite beneficial for the rubber testing market. The increase in the production of synthetic rubber has augmented the demand for testing equipment. Automation has empowered the rubber testing market by offering better control over test samples and managing the data obtained. Automation has reduced manual intervention in loading and unloading samples from the testing equipment. Initially, rubber testing vendors offered semi-automation services along with systems like Mooney viscometer and Moving Die Rheometer (MDR). However, testing biases proved to be a major deterrent, as external conditions like temperature influence the test results.
Asia-Pacific has the Highest Market Share in Natural Rubber Production
Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer and producer of industrial rubber, and hence, holds the highest share of the rubber testing equipment market, with tire products showing an unprecedented growth rate. 11 countries in Asia-Pacific accounted for approximately 90% of natural rubber produced in 2016.
Healthy economic growth, growing industrialization efforts, rising disposable incomes, the growth in manufacturing activity all over the world, and increasing demand for durable products are some of the factors driving the market for rubber testing equipment. China holds the largest share of rubber used in motor vehicle tires and represents the largest market in Asia-Pacific. The country is estimated to overtake the United States to become the largest market for industrial rubber products, hence driving the market for rubber testing equipment as well. Apart from China, India will also record a strong growth rate in the rubber industry, along with Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018 - TA Instruments introduced the Discovery DMA 850 dynamic mechanical analyzer, the newest product in its line of Discovery Series thermal analysis instruments. A DMA measures the viscoelastic mechanical properties of a material under controlled conditions of temperature, environment, and mechanical stimulus (stress or strain).
- January 2018 - TA Instruments announced Integrated Modern Scientific Supplies - Gulf Bio Analytical Group of Companies (IMSS-GBA) as the new exclusive distributor for Saudi Arabia for their equipment.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Current and future global rubber testing equipment market analysis
- Performance of various segments in the market
- Analyzing different perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Segments and sub-segments expected to dominate the market
- Regions expected to witness expedited growth during the forecast period
- Latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growth in Durable Goods Demand
4.1.2 Advancement in Tecnology for Rubber Testing
4.1.3 Increased Demand from Industry and Availabily of Synthetic Rubber
4.2.1 High Cost of Equipment Ownership
4.2.2 Lack of Industrial Awareness
5. Global Rubber Testing Equipment Market Segmentation
5.1 Type of Testing
5.1.1 Density Testing
5.1.2 Compression Testing
5.1.3 Laboratory and Ageing Ovens Testing
5.1.4 Viscosity Testing
5.1.5 Hardness Testing
5.1.6 Specimen Preparation Testing
5.1.7 Flex Testing
5.2 End-user Application
5.2.2 General Rubber Goods - Floor Mats, Door Trims etc.
5.2.3 Industrial Rubber Products - Hoses, Belts, Pipes etc.
5.2.4 General Polymers
5.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Alpha Technologies
6.2 Ektron Tek
6.3 Gibitre Instruments Srl
6.4 Goettfert Inc.
6.5 Montech Rubber Testing Instruments
6.6 Norka Instruments
6.7 Prescott Instruments
6.8 Presto Stantest
6.9 TA Instruments
6.10 U-Can Dynatex Inc.
*List not exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investor Outlook
8. Outlook of Global Rubber Testing Equipment Market