Innovations in Food & Beverages Industry is Driving the Market
Rising competition in the food industry is leading to constant innovations by the companies to maintain the market share. Innovations, like edible packaging, to reduce the huge quantities of waste, films made of milk proteins, casein, micro packaging, microfilms made using nanotechnology, etc., are changing the dynamics in the packaging film industry. The need to create specialized packaging has further boosted packaging film manufacturing. Furthermore, stringent regulations by governments on packaging and escalating public interest toward innovative packaging are some of the factors that are driving the food and beverages packaging films segment.
Food Packaging Is Major Contributor
The packaging reflects a range of influences, from personal consumer preferences to larger economic forces. Food products continue to furnish a large share of packaging films business and it won’t shift dramatically in the coming years. Consumers are becoming increasingly demanding and short of time, seeking out convenience food solutions that represent a progress from the more traditional processed foods. The expectations of food quality are rising and this growing awareness presents new challenges to retailers, packers, and packaging suppliers. The rising sales of convenience foods and the developments in convenience food packaging have been a major feature of the packaging markets in the recent times. These factors are set to boost the growth of the packaging films market in the food industry.
Asia-Pacific to Grow at a Fast Pace
The Asia-Pacific region holds a significant potential for development. The market holds a major share in retail packaging, estimating to nearly 75%, as the major part of the manufacturing is accomplished in China. The demand for packaging films is expected to grow at a fast pace in the Asia-Pacific regions due to rapid growth and the ongoing population shift from rural to urban population in the major countries, such as China, Japan, and India. Change in lifestyle and a growing young population leads to a higher demand for branded and packaged substances. At the same time, the increased demand from the healthcare industry and improving infrastructure is leading to the growth of the market.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2017 - Berry Plastics Corporation is acquiring Clopay Plastics, a maker of breathable films, elastic films, and laminates, for USD 475 million that includes manufacturing operations in Nashville, Tenn, Augusta, Ky., Aschersleben, Dombuhl, Sao Paula, Suzhou, China, and Germany.
- September 2017 - Bemis with Dow Packaging, Specialty Plastics, and Ploykar Inc. to recycle plastic scrap.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future packaging film market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Analysis
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.2.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Market
5.1.1 Increasing Environmental Concerns Driving Bioplastic Materials
5.1.2 Innovations In Food And Beverages Packaging
5.2 Factors Restraining the Market
5.2.1 Regulations In The Industry
6. Global Packaging Film Segmentation
6.1 By Type of Materials
6.2 By Application
6.2.1 Food Packaging
6.2.2 Medical & Pharmaceutical Packaging
6.2.3 Consumer Products Packaging
6.2.4 Industrial Packaging
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 AEP Industries Inc.
7.2 Amcor Limited
7.3 Ampac Holdings, LLC
7.4 Bemis Company
7.5 Berry Plastics Corporation
7.6 Charter Nex Films Inc.
7.7 Dupont Teijin Films
7.8 Exopack Holding Corporation
7.9 RKW SE
7.10 Sealed Air Corporation
7.11 Sigma Plastic Group
7.12 Graphic Packaging Holding Corporation
7.13 Hilex Poly Co LLC
7.14 Innovia Films Ltd
7.15 Jindal Poly Films Ltd
*List not exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
- AEP Industries Inc.
- Amcor Limited
- Ampac Holdings LLC
- Bemis Company
- Berry Plastics Corporation
- Charter Nex Films Inc.
- Dupont Teijin Films
- Exopack Holding Corporation
- RKW SE
- Sealed Air Corporation
- Sigma Plastic Group
- Graphic Packaging Holding Corporation
- Hilex Poly Co LLC
- Innovia Films Ltd
- Jindal Poly Films Ltd