Increasing Focus on Healthy Lifestyle
In recent years, health and wellness have elevated as important aspects for many consumers, due to various factors, including rising healthcare costs and expanding geriatric population. According to the World Bank, United States healthcare costs will amount to 20% of its GDP by 2025. As Americans are living longer, chronic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, etc., are also on the rise, prompting a focus on healthy lifestyle. According to the United States’ Census Bureau, between 2012-2050, the country will experience considerable growth in its older population, which will drive the market.
Additionally, rising awareness about wellness supplements, shifting from reactive to proactive and predictive care, and increasing disposable income in emerging economies are also fueling the growth of wellness supplement market.
High Cost Associated with Wellness Supplements
The high cost associated with the manufacturing of supplements is restraining the market. According to the Council for Responsible Nutrition, it has been estimated that 11% adults took protein supplements in 2016, which is very low as it should be included in the daily diet. Most of the people cannot afford it due to the high cost.
Additionally, strict regulatory policies by various countries is also restraining the market.
North America to Dominate the Market
North America is expected to dominate the wellness supplement market, followed by Europe. Factors such as rising geriatric population, growing awareness, and acceptance of wellness products, increasing disposable income, and presence of major players in the region are propelling the wellness supplement market.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: An agreement was signed between Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM) and Cargill to launch a joint venture for providing soybean meal and oil for customers in Egypt.
- September 2017: Archer Daniels Midlands Company (ADM) is collaborating with Mayo Clinic for personalized nutrition products.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To have an understanding of the current and future wellness supplement market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Identify the segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Identify the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porters Five Forces Analysis
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1.1 Rising Awareness about Wellness Supplements
6.1.2 Increasing Focus on Healthy Lifestyle
6.1.3 Growing Geriatric Population
6.1.4 Shifting from Reactive to Proactive and Predictive Care
6.1.5 Increasing Disposable Income in Emerging Economies
6.2.1 High Cost Associated with Wellness Supplements
6.2.2 Strict Regulatory Policies
6.4 Key Challenges
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Product
7.1.1 Dietary Supplements
7.1.2 Functional/Fortified Food & Beverage
220.127.116.11 Energy and Sports Drinks
18.104.22.168 Baby Products
7.1.3 Food Allergy and Intolerance Products
22.214.171.124 Hair Care
126.96.36.199 Skin Care
7.2 By End User
7.3 By Geography
7.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 Rest of North America
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Australia & New Zealand
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.4 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
7.3.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisition Analysis
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
8.3 New Products Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Abbott Laboratories
9.3 Archer Daniels Midland Company
9.4 Glanbia PLC
9.5 GNC Holdings, Inc.
9.6 Herbalife Ltd
9.7 NBTY, Inc.
9.8 Nestlé S.A.
9.9 NU Skin Enterprises, Inc.
9.10 Otsuka Holdings Co., Ltd
*List Not Exhaustive
10. Future of the Market