Sack craft paper is used for packaging products and is used in various industries, such as cement, food, agriculture, chemical, and many more. Sack craft is made out of kraft paper, which, in turn, is manufactured from paper or paperboard made of wood pulp. Sack craft has high tensile energy absorption (TEA), high stiffness, high porosity and excellent printability as compared to conventional packaging materials.
Increasing demand of eco-friendly packaging material and rapid growth of construction industry will drive the growth of sack paper craft market. The customers across the world are also realizing the environmental impact of waste materials and are moving towards the use of biodegradable packaging paper.
Increased Demand of Eco-friendly Packaging Material to Drive the Market
Environmental concerns over safe disposal and recycling of packaging materials have led to the introduction of new policies and regulations mandating companies to recover their packaging materials. Initially, consumer-packaging materials were targeted owing to the scale of packaging wastes generated; however, government and packaging organizations have started addressing the environmental effects occurring by the use of other packaging material as well. As a result of this, the companies are moving towards biodegradable packaging material to provide quicker and complete natural degradation. Most of the paper products made from pure paper pulp, without addition of waterproof coating or inks, are completely biodegradable as compared to conventional paper packaging products, which take much longer time to degrade naturally.
Steady rise in demand for food & beverages and construction industry has contributed to the drastic increase in use of sack craft paper. Recycling remains one of the major trends observed in these industries. The volume demand for recycled paper is expected to grow to 1.5 million metric tons by the end of 2018, which is expected to support the overall market growth.
Asia-Pacific dominated the sack kraft paper market in 2016 and is poised to dominate the industry during the forecasted period. The market in Asia-Pacific is driven by the growing construction activities in India and China.
India is the second largest producer of cement in the world, with total production capacity of 425 million tonnes and attracts huge investments from both, Indian and foreign investors. Development of 98 smart cities will provide boost to this industry and, in turn, will boost sack kraft paper market.
Most of the cement will be consumed in making houses as urbanization in India is growing at a rapid rate. Moreover, the government is also implementing various policies in affordable housing segment. All this has led to increased consumption of cement in India. Thus, boosting the sack craft paper market.
Food accounts for the largest share of paper packaging in this region. Increasing number of manufacturing plants all over the region, combined with growing consumerism and increasing transit-packaging sector in China, is further contributing to the growth of paper packaging.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Mondi and Polish converter SILBO developed the first paper-based, biodegradable bag for food that runs on horizontal and vertical Form-Fill-Seal (FFS) machines. Through Mondi’s extrusion coating technology it is given a double-sided coating of the biodegradable barrier Sustainex. This paper has a see-through window, which enables brands to better showcase their products
- September 2017 - BillerudKorsnäs invested in cold chain packaging company Vericool. With this investment, the company plans to venture into new business and provide high-qualtiy packaging material in grocery and pharmaceutical markets
- February 2017 - KapStone acquired Associated Packaging Incorporated (API) to strengthen its footprint in the strategic Southeast market
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future sack kraft paper market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Increased Demand of Eco-friendly Packaging Material
4.1.2 Rapid Growth of Construction Industry
4.2 Market Restraints
5. Global Sack Kraft Paper Market Segmentation
5.1 By Packaging Type
5.1.1 Valve Sacks
5.1.2 Open Mouth Sacks
5.2 By Grade
5.3 By End-user Vertical
5.3.1 Building Material & Cement
5.3.2 Food & Beverages
5.3.4 Animal Feed & Pet Food
5.4 By Region
5.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of the Europe
220.127.116.11 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Latin America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 Saudi Arabia
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 BillerudKorsnas AB
6.2 Mondi Plc
6.3 Segezha Group
6.4 Natron-Hayat d.o.o
6.5 Nordic Paper
6.6 Gascogne Group
6.7 KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation
6.8 Horizon Pulp & Paper Ltd.
6.9 International Paper Company
6.10 Canfor Corporation
*List is not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future Outlook of Sack Kraft Paper Market