Globally, the drive to enhance the safety and security across different industries is facilitating the market, to grow significantly. Night vision cameras are majorly adopted in manufacturing, services, transportation, and military & defense sectors. This incorporation is higher in countries, such as the United States, the United Kingdom, India, China, and Brazil, owing to the large size of the concerned industries and higher awareness among consumers. The military and defense sector is expected to hold the major share of the market owing to the increasing military budget focused on security and surveillance coupled with technological developments of unmanned airborne surveillance system and drones.
Transportation Industry to Register the Fastest Growth during the Forecast Period
The Transportation industry is major end-user that makes use of night vision cameras extensively. Wired night vision cameras are used in the manufacturing plants. Further, night vision car cameras are being increasingly used in automobiles, especially in autonomous self-driving cars particularly for navigation applications. The automotive industry is undergoing a wave of innovation and—with the advent of groundbreaking technologies, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), making vehicles safer than ever before - is witnessing a paradigm shift from the traditional models. With enhanced GPS, location and maintenance live recording, reminders, driving assistance and Wi-Fi services the demand for connected cars has been soaring and it is estimated that connected cars will account for 75% of the 92 million cars shipped globally in 2020. Major automobile manufacturers, like BMW, Mercedes, and Audi have incorporated night vision cameras with animal detection and pedestrian marking lights features to avoid potential accidents. This is expected to drive the adoption of night vision cameras during the forecast period.
Regional Analysis of The Market
North America is expected to be the dominant market, with U.S. accounting for maximum consumption, owing to its large army and military requirements. Asia-Pacific, excluding Japan and Western Europe, is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to high demand in the region, which is driven by security and surveillance needs. In the near future, with the development of smart cities, and technological advancements, the demand for night vision cameras with better picture resolution and quality is set to grow at a significant pace.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018 - FLIR Systems, Inc. launched a multifunctional thermal imaging monocular and three new night vision products. This new product portfolio - thermal and night vision products, which is aimed at establishing the company in the tactical and outdoor markets, and build on its nearly 50-year heritage of developing combat-proven solutions
- February 2017 - Sharp Corporation acquired a majority 56.7 % stake in Skytec UMC Ltd. The acquisition is promoting the manufacturing and sale of Sharp branded audio-visual products in Europe
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future night vision cameras market outlook in the developed and emerging economies
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segments that are expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Rising need for advanced surveillance technology
4.2.2 Increase in number of digital assets
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Inferior daytime performance when compared to daylight cameras
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. Global Night Vision Cameras Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Wired Night Vision Cameras
5.1.2 Wireless Night Vision Cameras
5.2 By End-user
5.2.1 Military & Defense
5.2.3 Public & Residential Infrastructure
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. Competitive Intelligence
6.1 Intevac, Inc.
6.2 Photonis USA, Inc.
6.3 Elbit Systems Ltd.
6.4 Rockwell Collins, Inc.
6.5 ELIR Systems, Inc.
6.6 Panasonic Corporation
6.7 BAE Systems PLC
6.8 TAK Technologies Private Limited
6.9 Harris Corporation
6.10 Tactical Night Vision Company, Inc.
6.11 Armasight, Inc.
6.12 General Dynamics Global Imaging Technologies, Inc.
6.13 Nivisys, LLC
6.14 Sony Corporation
6.15 Sharp Corporation
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of Night Vision Cameras Market
- Intevac Inc.
- Photonis USA Inc.
- Elbit Systems Ltd.
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- ELIR Systems Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation
- BAE Systems PLC
- TAK Technologies Private Limited
- Harris Corporation
- Tactical Night Vision Company
- Armasight Inc.
- General Dynamics Global Imaging
- Nivisys LLC
- Sony Corporation
- Sharp Corporation