Sugar confectionery is the second largest category among confectionery market. Marketing strategy and distribution are the primary driver fueled the Sugar Confectionery market growth. The category is relatively small with a value share of 12.8% in the UAE confectionery market.
Innovation Driving Sales
About 50% of the UAE population is under 25 year, which drive the sugar confectionery products sale. Sugar confectionery regarded as children targeted product, which limits its consumer base compared to chocolate. Attractive packaging, new product introduction in a convenient format, such as tic tac, Werther's Original, and Smint is the growing trend in Sugar Confectionery sales. Growing health consciousness among consumer related to high sugar content in confectionery led to the strong performance of many brands. Medicated confectionery, which contains active ingredients, is growing at a faster rate of 10.5% owing to its health benefits. Pastilles, Gums, Jellies, and Chews and mints are the fastest growing category driven by product innovation. Tic tac which focused on oral health, Werther's Original toffee made up of sugar-free caramels recorded more rapid growth in the past few years.
Distribution Channel Driving Sales
Supermarket/hypermarket holds more than 52% share in the distribution channel sales. Expanding supermarket/hypermarkets in the region driven impulse buying behavior of consumers offering discounts and multiple varieties. UAE retail sector is expected to reach UAS 71 billion by 2021, witnessing a CAGR of 4.9%. About 86% of the population lives in urban cities, which drives the retail sales. However, imposing of VAT in early 2018 has slowed down the retail sales and affected the consumer purchasing behavior. E-commerce sales of Sugar Confectionery registered 18.5% growth rate in the past five years, which possesses tough competition to supermarkets and convenience stores sales.
- Werther's Original from Storck KG, August registered a healthy growth rate of 4.9%, during 2012-2016, occupying more than 9% of the retail sugar confectionery sale. Skittles, Haribo and tic tac are popular brand which performed well over the period with tic tac registering 12.6% value CAGR during 2012-2016
Major players - PERFETTI VAN MELLE GROUP, STORCK KG, AUGUST, MARS INC. , HARIBO GMBH & CO. KG , FERRERO GROUP amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Market value (USD Million) and volume (Kg Million) data for each segment and sub segment
- Distribution Channel sales Analysis by Value
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new product launch and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Market
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modeling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
3.2 Market Dynamics
18.104.22.168 Innovation in Product Flavors, Forms, and Packaging Format
22.214.171.124 Growing Demand for Sugar-free Confectionery
126.96.36.199 Health Concern Related to High Sugar Content
188.8.131.52 Consumers Changing Lifestyles and Trends
3.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
184.108.40.206 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
220.127.116.11 Bargaining Power of Buyers
18.104.22.168 Threat of New Entrants
22.214.171.124 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
126.96.36.199 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Sugar Confectionery
188.8.131.52 Boiled Sweets
184.108.40.206 Medicated Confectionery
220.127.116.11 Pastilles, Gums, Jellies, and Chews
18.104.22.168 Toffees, Caramels, and Nougat
22.214.171.124 Other Sugar Confectionery
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 Convenience Stores
4.2.2 Specialist Retailers
4.2.3 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
4.2.4 Online Retail
4.2.5 Variety Stores
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.3 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6. List of Company Profiles
6.2 Products & Services
6.4 Key Developments
6.5 Strategies Adopted
6.6 SWOT Analysis of Major Five Players
7. Companies Covered
7.1 Mondelēz International, Inc.
7.2 Nestlé SA
7.3 Procter & Gamble Co.
7.4 Perfetti Van Melle Group
7.5 Ricola Ltd
7.6 The Hershey Company
7.7 Ferrero Group
7.8 Herbion International Inc.
7.9 Ferndale Confectionery Pty Ltd
7.10 Mars Inc.
7.11 Storck KG, August
LIST OF TABLES
1: Sugar Confectionery Market: Revenue in USD million, UAE, 2015-2023
2. Sugar Confectionery Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, UAE, 2015-2023
3. Sugar Confectionery Market: Volume in million Kg, by Product Type, UAE, 2015-2023
- Mondelez International Inc.
- Nestlé SA
- Procter & Gamble Co.
- Perfetti Van Melle Group
- Ricola Ltd
- The Hershey Company
- Ferrero Group
- Herbion International Inc.
- Ferndale Confectionery Pty Ltd
- Mars Inc.
- Storck KG