The scope of the report includes insights about several products offered by major players. The application segment in the report includes consumer electronics, automotive, telecommunications, and industrial. The regions included in this study are North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
The growth of the semiconductor silicon wafer market is expected to increase with the growth of the semiconductor industry, along with other factors, like manufacturers expanding their semiconductor fabrication facilities. The increased adoption of smart electronic devices, which employ several semiconductor components, such as microchips, is expected to impact the growth of the market.
Need for Miniaturization of Semiconductor Devices
Rapid advances in technology have led to the availability of products, which integrate several features on a single platform. Advances in industries, such as computing, networking, and telecom, are increasing the need for small and robust semiconductor devices. This has impacted the demand for fabrication materials needed to develop high-performance semiconductor components. Increased demand for advanced ICs in wireless computing devices, such as smartphones and tablets has influenced the consumption of semiconductor silicon wafer industry.
300 mm Segment to Occupy Significant Market Share
300 mm silicon wafers are largely adopted, but the demand will be impacted due to developments in the semiconductor industry, like the shift toward large diameter wafer sizes. The increased complexity of semiconductor devices has driven the demand for better performing ICs containing both digital and analog circuits.
Asia-Pacific to Occupy Significant Market Share
Also, with Japan being a leading supplier in the global semiconductor silicon wafer market, weakening of the Japanese Yen over the past three years is another major factor for the slow growth in the semiconductor silicon wafer revenue. The growing demand for electronic chip fabrication materials as a result of the widespread production of consumer electronic devices is impacting the demand for semiconductor silicon wafers.
Major Players : MAXIM INTEGRATED, OSRAM LICHT AG, ROHM, DIGI-KEY, SILICON LABORATORIES INC., VALENCELL, ON SEMICONDUCTOR, MICROCHIP TECHNOLOGY INC., DYNN IMAGE CORPORATION, amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- Feb 2018 - ROHM announced the availability of an optical heart rate sensor for smart bands and watches capable of measuring blood pressure, stress, and vascular age at a high-speed 1024Hz sampling rate.
- Impact of growing applications across several end users, such as consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Growth of various products such as memory, logic, sensors
- Regional analysis of the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Model
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Advancement in High Resolution Technologies
4.1.2 Emphasis on Energy Saving Technology
4.1.3 High Rate of Adoption
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 High Investment on R&D
4.2.2 Competitors Such as Low temperature Polycrystalline Silicons (LTPS)
4.2.3 Implementation with OLED
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide Market Segmentation -
6.1 By Application
6.1.3 Wall Size Displays
6.1.4 Wearable Devices
6.2 By Region
6.2.1 North America
6.2.4 Middle East & Africa
6.2.5 Latin America
7. Global Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide Market , Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
7.1 Sharp Imaging and Informaton Company
7.2 Apple Inc.
7.4 AU Optronics
7.6 LG Electronics
7.7 Sony Corporation
7.9 Hideo Hosono
*List not Exhaustive
8. Investment Analysis
8.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
8.2 Investment Outlook
9. Future Outlook of Indium Gallium Zinc Oxide Market