Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA) is a chronic, immune-mediated inflammatory disease of the axial skeleton (sacroiliac joints and spine). It is characterized by a polyenthesitis, which at the molecular level leads to an osteitis and secondary synovitis.
In 2016, there were 1,458,896 diagnosed prevalent cases of AS across the 8MM, while there were over 800,000 diagnosed prevalent cases of nr-AxSpA. Epidemiologists forecast that the diagnosed prevalent cases of AS will cross 2,400,000 cases in 2026 across the 8MM, while nr-AxSpA will increase to over 1,350,000 cases.
Tumor necrosis factor (TNF) is the most popular target for drug development for AxSpA, with 56 TNF inhibitors currently in the pipeline stage of development.As patents for traditional branded TNF inhibitors near their expiry, development of biosimilar drugs is increasing, with 5 out of 17 drugs in Phases II and III being biosimilars.
The 5EU is the only market in which anti-TNF biologic products are approved for non-radiographic axial spondyloarthritis (nr-AxSpA) in addition to ankylosing spondylitis (AS).However, UCB and Novartis are currently seeking label expansion to nr-AxSpA for Cimzia (certolizumabpegol) and Cosentyx (secukinumab) globally. Overall, it is expected that new drug approvals, including interleukin 17 inhibitors, will drive AxSpA market growth over the next decade (2016-2026).
Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA): Competitive Landscape to 2026provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of AxSpA.
- The author’s Axial Spondyloarthritis (AxSpA): Competitive Landscape to 2026 combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace.
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026).
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AxSpA market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AxSpA market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
1.1 Table of Contents
1.3 Related Reports
1.4 Upcoming Related Reports
2. Executive Summary
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Key Events
3.1 Report Scope
3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology
4. Pipeline Assessment
4.1 Pipeline Overview
4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country
4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Molecule Type and Target
4.4 Drug Review Designations
4.5 Products in Clinical Development
5. Clinical Trials Assessment
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview
5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in AxSpA
5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region
5.4 Therapy Area Perspective
5.5 Enrollment Analytics
6 Commercial Assessment
6.1 Leading Marketed Products
6.2 Current & Future Players
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026)
7.1 Events Classification Overview
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis
8.4 About the Authors