Intelligent Data Analysis for Biomedical Applications: Challenges and Solutions presents specialized statistical, pattern recognition, machine learning, data abstraction and visualization tools for the analysis of data and discovery of mechanisms that create data. It provides computational methods and tools for intelligent data analysis, with an emphasis on problem-solving relating to automated data collection, such as computer-based patient records, data warehousing tools, intelligent alarming, effective and efficient monitoring, and more. This book provides useful references for educational institutions, industry professionals, researchers, scientists, engineers and practitioners interested in intelligent data analysis, knowledge discovery, and decision support in databases.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. Ant Colony optimization-based image texture segmentation in medical images
3. A Feature Fusion Based Discriminant Learning Model for Diagnosis of Neuromuscular Disorders Using Single Channel Needle EMG Signal
4. Evolution of Consciousness Systems with bacteria
5. Analysis of transform-based compression techniques for MRI and CT images
6. Liveness Assured Multimodal Biometrics using Electrocardiogram for Smart Health Applications
7. Medical Image Retrieval System in PACS Environment for Clinical Decision Making
8. A Neuro Fuzzy Inference Model for Diabetic Retinopathy Classification
9. Predictive Analysis of breast cancer using machine learning techniques
10. Right Ventricle Image Segmentation from MRI using optimization techniques
11. Computational Automated System for Red Blood Cell Detection and Segmentation
12. Fuzzy logic based approaches for gene regulatory network inference
13. Evolutionary Algorithm with Memetic Search for Optic Disc Localization in Retinal Fundus Images
14. A novel approach of targeting prognostics of Bruxism disorder using C4-P4 channel of EEG signal
15. Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Assessment System Using Bio-inspired Visual Cortex Computational Model
16. Classification of Myocardial Ischemia in Contrast Enhancement Using Machine Learning
17. Simple link sensor network based remote monitoring of multiple patients
18. Prognosticating the risk of fibrosis progression in non-alcoholic fatty liver diseases
19. Alzheimer Disease Detection from Structural MR Images using Fuzzy C-Means based Deep Belief Neural Network
20. Optimal Control of Fractional Order HIV-Immune System Using Neural Network Approach
21. Diagnosis of Ocular Disease using Optical Coherence Tomography Image
22. Hybrid Approach for Classification of EEG Signals using T-F Images with Wavelets and Texture Features
Dr. D. Jude Hemanth received his PhD in Medical Image Analysis Using Soft Computing Techniques from Karunya University, India. He currently is an Associate Professor at Karunya University with research interests in Soft Computing, Biomedical Image Processing, and Optimization Techniques. He lectures on Biomedical Instrumentation, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, Soft Computing, Digital Image Processing, and Multimedia Compression Techniques. He has been a prolific author and editor of many books and book chapters, including Nature Inspired Optimization Techniques for Image Processing Applications, Springer; Imaging and Sensing for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, Institution of Engineering and Technology; Intelligent Data Communication Technologies and Internet of Things, Springer; Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Satellite Image Analysis, Springer, Emerging Trends in Computing and Expert Technology, Springer; Artificial Intelligence Techniques for Medical Image Analysis, VDM Verlag; Intelligent Data Analysis for Biomedical Applications, Academic Press; and Telemedicine Technologies, Academic Press, among others.
Deepak Gupta Assistant Professor, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, India.
Dr. Deepak Gupta is an eminent academician; plays versatile roles and responsibilities juggling between lectures, research, publications, consultancy, community service, PhD and post-doctorate supervision. With 12 years of rich expertise in teaching and two years in industry; he focuses on rational and practical learning. He has contributed important literature in the fields of Human-Computer Interaction, Intelligent Data Analysis, Nature-Inspired Computing, Machine Learning and Soft Computing. He is an Assistant Professor at Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology, Delhi, India. He has completed his Post-Doc from Inatel, Brazil, and Ph.D. from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University. He has served as Editor-in-Chief, Guest Editor, and Associate Editor in SCI and various other reputed journals (Elsevier, Springer, Wiley & MDPI). He is currently a Post-Doc researcher at University of Valladolid, Spain. He has authored/edited a number of books, including Advanced Computational Techniques for Virtual Reality in Healthcare and Handbook of Computer Networks and Cyber Security: Principles and Paradigms from Springer, He has published 101 scientific research publications in reputed International Journals and Conferences including 49 SCI Indexed Journals of IEEE, Elsevier, Springer, Wiley and many more. He has also published one patent. He is Editor-in-Chief of Computers and Quantum Computing and Applications journal, Associate Editor of Expert Systems (Wiley), Intelligent Decision Technologies (IOS Press), Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nenoscience, and Honorary Editor of ICSES Transactions on Image Processing and Pattern Recognition. He is also a series editor of Intelligent Biomedical Data Analysis, De Gruyter (Germany).
Valentina Emilia Balas Professor, Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad, Romania.
Valentina E. Balas holds a Ph.D. in Applied Electronics and Telecommunications from Polytechnic University of Timisoara. Dr. Balas is author of more than 250 research papers in refereed journals and International Conferences. Her research interests are in Intelligent Systems, Fuzzy Control, Soft Computing, Smart Sensors, Information Fusion, Modeling and Simulation. She is the Editor-in-Chief to International Journal of Advanced Intelligence Paradigms (IJAIP) and to International Journal of Computational Systems Engineering (IJCSysE), Editorial Board member of several national and international journals and is evaluator expert for national and international projects. Dr. Balas is the director of Intelligent Systems Research Centre in Aurel Vlaicu University of Arad and was Vice-president (Awards) of IFSA International Fuzzy Systems Association Council (2013-2015) and is a Joint Secretary of the Governing Council of Forum for Interdisciplinary Mathematics (FIM), - A Multidisciplinary Academic Body, India.