1h Free Analyst TimeSmart Home State of Play and Evolution
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
"Smart Home State of Play and Evolution", a research report, examines the smart home market dynamics and telco’s activities in smart homes. Leveraging primary and secondary research, the report provides an analytical overview of the smart home market, telco’s activities within the market and evolution of the market.
Telcos have already perceived the need to expand their portfolio beyond connectivity to monetize the growing smart home opportunity. The smart home ecosystem, market, and use cases are developing at a rapid pace. Telcos are trying to determine their role in this ecosystem and how they maximize on the opportunity.
The report is structured as follows:
- Section 1: Smart Home State of Play - this section provides an overview of the smart home ecosystem, defines the type of smart home solutions commercially available and assesses telco’s smart home offerings and go-to-market approaches
- Section 2: Drivers and Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption - an analysis of the key drivers and inhibitors in the adoption of smart home solutions
- Section 3: Findings and Recommendations - we conclude the report with a set of key findings, critical considerations and recommendations for telcos and vendors pursuing the smart home opportunity
- The smart home ecosystem consists of devices and software, platforms, services, and connectivity
- A large number of telcos have no smart home offering
- On a global scale, interoperability of smart devices and solutions are the two biggest challenges that the industry is facing
- Smart home technology is rapidly evolving, providing new solutions aimed at improving various aspect of residential life and creating new revenue streams for telecom operators.
Reasons to buy
- This Global Outlook report provides an examination of the smart home market to help executives understand market dynamics, formulate effective product development plans, optimize resource allocation, and return on investment.
- The report discusses opportunities in the smart home market, providing a number of actionable recommendations for telcos.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help to understand the different approaches that telcos are adopting to foster their presence within the smart home value chain and ecosystem.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Section 1: Smart Home State of Play
- Overview of the Smart Home Ecosystem
- Type of Smart Home Solutions
- Telco Smart Home Offerings
- Telco Smart Home Go To Market Approaches
- Telco Smart Home Solutions
- Section 2: Drivers and Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption
- Drivers and Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption
- Drivers of Smart Home Adoption
- Inhibitors of Smart Home Adoption
- Evolution of Smart Homes
- Section 3: Findings and Recommendations
- Findings and Recommendations
- Acronyms and Definitions
- About the Authors
- Contact Information
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Smart Home Ecosystem
Exhibit 2: Key Smart Home Solutions
Exhibit 3: Analysis of Telco Smart Home Offerings
Exhibit 4: Smart Home Go To Market Approaches
Exhibit 5: Telco Smart Home Go To Market Approaches
Exhibit 6: Analysis of Select Telco Smart Home Solutions Offered
Exhibit 7: Smart Home Adoption Drivers and Inhibitors
Exhibit 8: Smart Home Evolution
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Deutsche Telekom