The global freeze dried fruits & vegetables market is projected to register an estimated CAGR of 7.0%, during the forecast period, 2018-2023.
The growth of freeze dried fruits & vegetables market can be attributed to the expanding food-processing sector due to huge demand for ready-to-eat food products, owing to busy working schedules of consumers. This has considerably increased the use of freeze-dried fruits & vegetables to be used in snacks, soups, dressings, and bakery & confectionery products.
The freeze dried fruits & vegetables market is expected to project a significant growth in the near future. Changing consumer lifestyles as well as rising disposable income in the developing countries is stimulating the growth of ready-to-eat and ready-to-drink products which is expected to drive the growth of freeze dried fruits & vegetables market. These quick meals offer convenience and save time in an increasingly hectic and busy urban lifestyle as freeze dried fruits & vegetables can be easily reconstituted by adding water, soaking in liquid, boiling in water, or cooking in liquid. Furthermore, the consumers are becoming more concerned about their health and a looking for consuming products that provide high nutrition, which, in turn, will help in improving their health. Hence, freeze drying is the most suitable technique for food preservation as it helps in preventing nutrient loss and enhances the shelf life of fruits & vegetables and aids in their trade.
On the basis of type, the freeze dried fruits & vegetables market is led by the freeze-dried fruits segment. Freeze drying helps in enhancing the texture and aesthetic appeal to food products and provides as crispy form to fruits, which helps in gaining consumer’s attention. Some of major type of fruits preserved through freeze drying technique include various kind of berries such as strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, and raspberries; and other fruits, such as bananas, apples, apricots, and peaches. Furthermore, increased demand for breakfast cereals and food products with fruit content is another factor leading the demand for freeze-dried fruits.
North America accounts for the largest market share of XX% whereas Asia-Pacific is expected to register the highest CAGR, during 2018-2023 (the forecast period). The demand for ready-to-eat food & beverage products such as fruit juice, breakfast cereals, jams & jellies, and soups that offer a complete package of nutrients is increasing in the region, owing to rising disposable income and busy lifestyle of consumers. Freeze dried peas, onion, potatoes, beans, sweet corn, and beetroot are the some of the major vegetables in consumed in North America, especially, the United States. The demand for these vegetables is high in the region due to increased demand for ready to make and ready to eat food products.
- December 2016 - Chaucer has established a partnership with Nagatanien, a Japanese-based manufacturer and distributor of premixed and instant food. This will allow the UK-based manufacturer to further expand its global operating platform and allow the Company to take advantage of growth opportunities in its markets
- March 2018 - The Kraft Heinz Company expanded its business by opening a new facility in Kirksville. It is a state-of-the-art facility in which the company will accommodate food processing equipment. This expansion will help the company to strengthen its presence in food processing market.
Major Players - AMALGAM FOODS (NISSIN FOODS LTD), CHAUCER FREEZE DRIED, DÖHLER, EUROPEAN FOOD INGREDIENTS LTD., EUROPEAN FREEZE DRY, FREEZE-DRY FOODS, MERCER FOODS, LLC., PARADISE FRUITS, SARAF FOODS LTD., SLEAFORD , QUALITY FOODS LTD, THE KRAFT HEINZ COMPANY and VAN DRUNEN FARMS, among others.
These companies focus on expansion of facilities and product portfolio, due to the growing demand for freeze dried fruits & vegetables in the food industry. Companies are actively involved in developing innovative products, which is encouraging food & beverage manufacturers to use freeze dried fruits & vegetables to enhance their product quality.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porters five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definitions
2. Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness – Porters Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Rapidly Growing Demand for Ready-to-Eat Food & Beverage Products
3.1.2 Suitability of Freeze Drying Technique for Heat-sensitive Food Products
3.2.1 High Capital Investment and Manufacturing Cost
3.3.1 Growing Demand for Preservatives Free Food & Beverage Products
3.3.2 Emerging Economies – Future Hotspots
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Breakfast Cereals
4.2.2 Soups & Snacks
4.2.3 Ice Cream & Desserts
4.2.4 Bakery & Confectionery
4.2.5 Dips & Dressings
5. Regional Market Analysis
5.1 North America
5.1.4 Rest of North America
5.2.7 Rest of Europe
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4 South America
5.4.3 Rest of South America
5.5.1 South Africa
5.5.2 Rest of Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 The Kraft Heinz Company
7.2 Van Drunen Farms
7.3 European Freeze Dry
7.4 Mercer Foods, LLC.
7.5 Amalgam Foods (Nissin Foods Ltd)
7.6 Paradise Fruits
7.7 Saraf Foods Ltd.
7.8 Chaucer Freeze Dried
7.10 European Food Ingredients Ltd.
7.11 Freeze-Dry Foods
7.12 Sleaford Quality Foods Ltd
- Amalgam Foods (Nissin Foods Ltd)
- Chaucer Freeze Dried
- European Food Ingredients Ltd.
- European Freeze Dry
- Freeze-Dry Foods
- Mercer Foods LLC.
- Paradise Fruits SAraf Foods Ltd.
- Quality Foods Ltd
- The Kraft Heinz Company
- Van Drunen Farms