The objective of this research is to analyse and evaluate the strategic opportunities in the waste recycling market to leverage on advanced automation solutions and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) based technologies that aid to fulfil Europe’s ambition to build a sustainable environment. This study offers a holistic analysis of the market challenges, drivers, and the current stage of automation adoption in the waste recycling market. Additionally, the study assesses the type of waste recycling equipment used across various waste streams and provides insights, such as modularisation, enhanced machine control, and improved equipment performance, on the scope of future advancements in equipment. Europe being the powerhouse for automation has a majority of automated recycling plants and its OEMs have a strong presence in the recycling waste market. They offer an extensive range of advanced automation equipment; their share in automation revenue is estimated to be 50.
While assessing the key automation products used in the recycling waste market, controls, Human Machine Interface (HMI), motors, and drives are identified as widely adopted by end users. Increasing investments and stringent regulations in the WEEE and ELV waste streams are likely to lead to higher degree of automation in the recycling process, thereby creating a greater revenue opportunity for automation and recycling equipment vendors.
- Analysis of the key market drivers for the waste recycling market and the barriers that hamper their growth prospects
- Evaluation of end-user requirement from recycling equipment companies
- Analysis on the impact of IIoT technologies in the waste recycling market and movement towards service based models
- Assessment of the key growth opportunities that help waste recycling companies hold a competitive edge in this market
With the emergence of digitalisation and IIoT, embracing these technologies across the recycling waste market will help achieve regulatory targets and create a sustainable environment. IIoT technologies, such as intelligent sensors, cloud computing, Big Data and analytics, and industrial mobility, to name a few, aid in smart monitoring, which helps reduce the cost and deliver high-quality services. Moreover, end users are gradually shifting to custom-made modular solutions that are embedded with intelligence. They perceive that modularisation offers the twin benefits of flexibility and cost effectiveness. This also helps to expand the market scope by extending the solution to small and medium enterprises (SMEs); it can also be used by diverse waste streams.
Key Issues Addressed:
- What are the key trends and challenges in the European waste recycling equipment market?
- What are the present key requirements of customers? Are there any market gaps that remain unaddressed by OEMs?
- In the context of the changing regulatory environment in Europe, how is automation expected to aid end users to meet the legal norms?
- What are the new advancements in waste recycling equipment? How is the adoption rate likely to be?
- What are the various recycling equipment used across waste streams and what is the current scope of automation?
- How effectively can IIoT be leveraged on to achieve Europe’s ambitious goal?
1. Executive Summary
2. Research Scope and Objectives
- Research Scope and Objective
- Key Questions This Study Will Answer
3. IIoT-A Research Perspective
- IIoT-Emerging Themes in the Industrial Environment
- IIoT-Key Attributes of a Smart Factory
- Value Proposition in IIoT
4. Key Trends in the European Waste Recycling Market
- Snapshot of the European Waste Recycling Market
- Challenges in the European Waste Recycling Market
5. Barriers and Catalysts-Total European Waste Recycling Market
- Growth Barriers in the European Waste Recycling Market
- Growth Catalysts in the European Waste Recycling Market
6. Economic Perspective on the Waste Recycling Market in Europe
- Macroeconomic Trends in Europe
- European Hotspots-Economic Outlook
7. Overview on the Waste Streams in Europe
- European Waste Recycling Market-Assessment by Waste Stream
- Adoption of Waste Recycling Equipment by Waste Streams
8. Assessment of the Recycling Equipment Used in Europe
- European Waste Recycling Market-Equipment Types
- Demand Analysis of Waste Recycling Equipment in Europe
9. Rise of Automation in the European Waste Recycling Market
- European Waste Recycling Market-Automation Trends
- Role of Automation in the European Waste Recycling
- Viewpoint on the Machine Builders in Europe
- European Recycling Market-Machine Standardisation
- European Waste Recycling Market-Machine Modularisation
- Significance of Automation for Machine Builders
- European Waste Recycling Market-Vendor Landscape
- European Waste Recycling Market-Employment Trends
- Future of Automation in European Waste Recycling Market
10. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- 5 Major Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1-Intelligent Sensing
- Growth Opportunity 2-Industrial Mobility
- Growth Opportunity 3-Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
11. the Last Word
- Key Insights
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits