This edition of the Industrial Bioprocessing TOE features trends and innovations in biodegradable plastic products that are used for applications, such as, ready meal packs and edible packaging. The TOE also focuses on biodegradable footwear that is made of waste resources, and biodegradable hydrogel that can be used for bio-printing of materials that mimic human soft tissues.
The Industrial Bioprocessing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, processes and strategic insights of industries involving bioprocessing, including innovations in the development and production of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, nutraceuticals, alternative fuels, chemical feedstocks, food and beverages, and consumer products.
Keywords: Biodegradable plastics, bioplastics, polylactic acid, edible packaging, PBAT, cell printing, hydrogels
Recent Developments in Biodegradable Plastics and Hydrogels
- Fiber-based Bio-packaging for Ready Meal Packs
- Biodegradation of Plastics Using Soil Microorganisms
- Biodegradable Footwear Made Using Mushrooms, Chicken Feathers, and Textile Waste
- Biodegradable Plastic Film from Milk Protein
- Biodegradable Hydrogels for Bio-printing of New Tissues
- Industry Contacts