This issue of the TOE covers innovations used in deposition techniques, fire-resistant coatings, nanocoatings, and anti-microbial coatings. In this edition, innovations on area selective atomic layer deposition have been profiled. The coatings in focus in this TOE can be used in a variety of applications such as medical, textiles, building & construction, food & beverages, marine, and automotive.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
Keywords: Deposition, fire-resistant coatings, nanocoatings, anti-microbial, atomic layer deposition
1. Recent Advances in Deposition Techniques, Fire-resistant Coatings, Nanocoatings, Anti-microbial Coatings
- Fire - and Corrosion-resistant Coating for Steel Structures in Buildings
- Nanotechnology-based Clear Coatings that can Double the Life of a Substrate
- Anti-microbial Coating that can Kill Up to 99.97% of Bacteria and Fungi
- Technique for Selective Deposition of Materials on 3D Nanostructures
- Area Selective Atomic Layer Deposition Done Using an Electron Beam
2. Key Contacts