This issue of Anesthesiology Clinics focuses on Preoperative Patient Evaluation and is edited by Dr. Zdravka Zafirova and Dr. Richard Urman. Article topics include: Designing and Running a Preoperative Clinic; Preoperative Laboratory Testing; Patients with Cardiac Disease Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery; Preoperative Evaluation and Estimation of Pulmonary Risk; Stratification and Risk Reduction of Perioperative Acute Kidney Injury; Anticoagulants and Hematologic Disorders and Anemia; Nutrition and Prehabilitation; Perioperative Management of Diabetes and Other Endocrine Conditions; Preoperative Management of the Geriatric Patient, including Frailty and Cognitive Impairment Assessment; Management of Challenging Pharmacological Issues, including Chronic Pain and Substance Abuse Disorders; Assessment of the Pregnant Patient; Genomics Testing and Personalized Medicine in the Preoperative Setting; Shared Decision Making; Preoperative Management of Medications; Perioperative Surgical Home Models; and Preoperative Evaluation of the Pediatric Patient.
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Designing and Running a Preoperative Clinic
2. Preoperative Laboratory Testing
3. Preoperative cardiac evaluation for non-cardiac surgery
4. Preoperative Evaluation: Estimation of Pulmonary Risk including OSA impact
5. Stratification and Risk Reduction of Perioperative Acute Kidney Injury
6. Hematologic Disorders
7. Surgical Prehabilitation: Nutrition and Exercise
8. Diabetes Mellitus: Preoperative Concerns and Evaluation
9. Preoperative Management of the Geriatric Patient: Frailty and Cognitive Impairment Assessment
10. Management of Challenging Pharmacological Issues in Chronic Pain and Substance Abuse Disorders
11. Preoperative Assessment of the Pregnant Patient Undergoing Non-Obstetric Surgery
12. Genomics Testing and Personalized Medicine in the Preoperative Setting
13. Creating A Pathway for Multidisciplinary Shared-Decision Making to Improve Communication During Preoperative Assessment
14. Preoperative Management of Medications
15. Perioperative Surgical Home Models
16. Preoperative Evaluation of the Pediatric Patient
17. Optimizing Preoperative Anemia to Improve Patient Outcomes
Urman, Richard Director, Hospital Procedural Sedation Management, Instructor-In-Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston Massachusetts.