This edition of Future Tech TOE highlights the novel technologies driving the sensor industry. This TOE provides an overview of the emerging technologies such as thermoelectric energy harvesting, biodegradable sensors, and SoDAR. The study also offers significant patent details and growth opportunities for sensors.
The Future Tech TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures emerging innovations in research and development, or profiles existing technologies which have seen a resurgence in terms of new markets and applications. It usually provides a technology overview, drivers, challenges, research and development, analyst insights and key patent information. In some cases, technology convergence scenarios and future growth opportunities are outlined. It covers innovations and technologies in a variety of industry spaces including manufacturing, sensors, electronics, information and communications technologies, networks, lighting technologies, healthcare, medical devices, materials and coatings, and developments in the energy sector that contribute toward a sustainable and greener world.
The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
1. Technologies Driving the Sensor Industry
- Key Findings
2. Technology Overview
- Technology Landscape
- Current Trends Driving the Sensor Industry
- Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting Technology - An Overview and Market Opportunities
- Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting Technology - Patent Assessment
- Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting Technology is Expected to Replace Batteries
- Biodegradable Sensors - High Impact Expected in the Healthcare Sector
- Biodegradable Sensors - Technology Adoption Factors and Applications
- Biodegradable Sensors - Patent Assessment
- SoDAR - Overview and its Competitive Features
- SoDAR - IP Assessment and Research Focus Areas
3. Sensor Industry - Innovation Landscape
- Key Developments in the Thermoelectric Energy Harvesting Domain
- Key Innovations in Biodegradable Sensors
- Key Developments in SoDAR Technology
4. Strategic Viewpoint
- Strategic Insights - Growth Opportunities
- Key Contacts