"Retailing in Denmark, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2022", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Denmark retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Denmark retail industry.
Retail sales in Denmark registered sluggish growth during 2012-2017 and registered sales of Kr331.8 billion in 2017, an increase of 2% over 2016. However, a slew of favorable factors are set to propel retail sales during 2017-2022.
What else does this report offer??
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
- The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2017 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels.
- Retail sales in Denmark registered sluggish growth during 2012-2017 and registered sales of Kr331.8 billion in 2017, an increase of 2% over 2016.
- Specialist retailers have commanded the largest share of clothing & footwear sales in Denmark.
- Food & grocery sector sales in Denmark reached Kr162.1 billion in 2017, an increase of 2.2% over 2016.
- Online is the fastest-growing channel and sales are projected to register a CAGR of 8.3% during 2017-2022 in electricals sector.
- The home sector in Denmark is partially consolidated with the top 10 retailers commanding a 39.2% share of the overall sector sales in 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Denmark retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behaviour trends from the start of your supply chain
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behaviour
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2012, with forecasts until 2022
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Denmark retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of ContentsKey findings
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & footwear
Food & grocery
Health & beauty
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Debenhams (Magasin)
- Din Tøjmand
- Mr Hunkemöller
- Rema 1000
- Dagli'Brugsen & Lokalbrugsen
- Super Brugsen
- Hvidt & Frit
- Apotekeren Amba
- Super Brugsen
- Harald Nyborg
- Jysk Nordic