This research service provides an overview of the US Department of Defense (DoD) Cybersecurity market. It includes categories of spending, such as research, development, testing, and evaluation (RDT&E), procurement, and services. Cybersecurity is defined as program funding and contract activity intended to ensure that IT systems are protected from exploitation by adversaries through a wide variety of technologies, such as assessments, firewalls, and encryption. The research forecasts do not include classified programs and budgets. A substantial amount of the total cybersecurity market information is not accessible to the public. Inherent cybersecurity elements of general information technology (IT) networks and combat systems are not included. Due to the close operational and technological relationship with cybersecurity, information operations (IO), or offensive cyber attack, is also included, when available. IO seeks to gain dominance and exploitation of adversary IT systems.
Program funding is derived from the DoD 2019 budget request and includes designated portions of overseas contingency operations (OCO) funding. Program funding is segmented by RDT&E, Procurement, and O&M. Contract awards are segmented by RDT&E, Procurement, and Services. Contract data is based on the 2017 calendar year. Newly announced prime awards over $7.5 million are included. Program funding and contract values do not always align year to year, due to administrative costs, multiyear contracts, and technology use across segments. Program and contract segmentation, large multiyear contract assessments, and funding forecasts for 2017 and beyond are made at the analyst’s discretion.
Attempts to disrupt and/or steal from US political, economic, and military networks are a constant threat. US defense secrets have been compromised on both government- and industry-owned networks. Ensuring robust cybersecurity and attack information coordination is a high priority for the DoD. US CYBERCOM has been established, and each of the military services have set up cyber commands, created cybersecurity military occupational specialties, and conduct training and operations through several well-funded programs-of-record.
There will be increasing need for firms that can provide state-of-the-art cybersecurity services. The need to maintain network resiliency by assuring people with the most advanced cybersecurity skills are available is a top priority.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the areas of growth within the DoD cybersecurity market?
- Which segments, technologies, and services make up the market?
- What are the leading drivers and restraints for the DoD cybersecurity market?
- What are the top programs for the DoD cybersecurity market?
- Which technologies and services will program budgets emphasize?
- Which companies are leading the cybersecurity research, procurement, and services market?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- CEO’s Perspective
2. Cybersecurity Market Overview
- Market Definitions and Segmentation
- Key Questions this Study Will Answer
3. Drivers And Restraints-Dod Cybersecurity Market
- Market Drivers
- Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Restraints Explained
4. Forecasts And Trends-Dod Cybersecurity Market
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Forecast Assumptions
- DoD Cybersecurity Spending Forecast
- Spending Forecast Discussion
5. Market Share And Competitive Analysis-Dod Cybersecurity Market
- Market Share
- Top 10 DoD Cybersecurity Contractors
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Environment
- Market Leaders by Contract Category
6. Growth Opportunities And Companies To Action
- Growth Opportunity-US DoD Cybersecurity, 2018-2023
- Strategic Imperatives for US DoD Cybersecurity Product Providers
7. Cybersecurity Breakdown
- 2019 Cybersecurity Budget by Department
- 2019 Cybersecurity Budget by Appropriation
- 2019 Cybersecurity RDT&E Budget by Department
- Top 10 RDT&E Programs
- Top 10 RDT&E Contractors
- 2019 Cybersecurity O&M Budget by Department
- O&M Programs
- Top 10 Services Contractors
- 2019 Cybersecurity Procurement Budget by Department
- Procurement Programs
- Top 10 Procurement Contractors
- 2019 Air Force Cybersecurity Budget by Appropriation
- Top 10 Air Force Programs
- Top 10 Air Force Contractors
- 2019 Army Cybersecurity Budget by Appropriation
- Army Programs
- Army Contractors
- 2019 Joint Cybersecurity Budget by Appropriation
- Joint Programs
- Joint Contractors
- 2019 Navy/Marines Cybersecurity Budget by Appropriation
- Top 10 Navy/Marines Programs
- Top 10 Navy/Marines Contractors
8. The Last Word
- The Last Word-3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits