1h Free Analyst TimeInternational Wholesale Carriers: Growth Drivers & Growth Services
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Global Wholesale Carriers have seen limited growth as well as a dramatic decrease in wholesale voice revenues. Historically the mainstay of the international wholesale business, wholesale voice revenue has been declining, driven by the contraction in voice volumes and termination rates. Voice OTT providers have cannibalized an important portion of the voice traffic carried on international routes.
Furthermore, pressure from retail telecom operators to protect their voice margins, combined to the emergence of roam-like-home mobile plans and the roaming regulations designed to slash international roaming prices, have also had a depressing effect on wholesale termination prices. International wholesale providers need to harness new market growth drivers in order to activate new service revenue streams while carefully managing the decline of the traditional international voice business.
The emergence of Internet players, ranging from cloud providers to OTTs, is expanding the addressable market for global wholesalers. Multinational companies (MNCs) and telecom operators’ need for digital transformation, agility, and in some cases scalability is also driving the need for a new set of digital wholesale services, including on-demand cloud connectivity and cloud-based communication services. Moreover, IoT and security services are also creating new demand pools.
"International Wholesale Carriers: Growth Drivers & Growth Services", a global outlook report, lays out key international wholesale market growth drivers and the related growth services wholesalers can harness to expand their revenue streams.
The report also gives a snapshot of the future wholesale solutions portfolio and the key digital services with market growth potential. Additionally, the report offers three case studies of wholesale providers’ growth strategies and examples of new wholesale network/digital services they have deployed to open new revenue growth avenues.
Companies Mentioned: Alibaba, AWS, BICS, Dai Nippon, Eleven Path, Google, iBasis, Microsoft, NTT Communications, Oracle, Salesforce, Tata Communications.
- Overview of the key factors driving the decline of the legacy wholesale voice business.
- Analysis of the key drivers bringing a positive growth outlook to the wholesale business.
- Overview of the related services and solutions that global wholesalers can rollout to turn market drivers into seizable revenue opportunities.
- Overview of the overarching growth strategy adopted by each wholesale provider.
- Set of key findings and recommendations for international wholesale providers to help them reposition for growth.
Reasons to buy
- This global outlook report provides an examination of a number of international wholesale services growth drivers which are shaping the industry in the digital transformation era.
- The report objective is to help inform global industry executives' decision-making process on the growth drivers available to them and the strategic growth services they can launch to reposition in the market and renew with growth.
- Three case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into international wholesale growth strategies and growth services; this will help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits of a number of services launched by their peers and seize the related best practices.
- With seven exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help them understand and determine the adequate evolution moves for their global wholesale growth strategies.
Table of ContentsExecutive summary
Section 1: Market context
Need for new wholesale growth drivers & growth services
Section 2: Growth drivers & growth services
Growth drivers for the global wholesale market
Growth strategies for the global wholesale market
Growth services for the global wholesale market
Section 3: Case studies
Telefonica International Wholesale Services
Section 4: Key takeaways and recommendations
Acronyms and definitions
About the authors
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Decline in the global voice wholesale business - BICS & iBasis
Exhibit 2: Sample growth drivers for the global wholesale market
Exhibit 3: Wholesale product portfolio growth strategies
Exhibit 4: The digital wholesaler product portfolio growth services
Exhibit 5: TIWS’ Telco4Telco security portfolio
Exhibit 6: IZO platform’s value proposition
Exhibit 7: ECL WebRTC’s pricing plans
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Dai Nippon
- Eleven Path
- NTT Communications
- Tata Communications