Sustainable Construction Technologies: Life-Cycle Assessment provides practitioners with a tool to help them select technologies that are financially advantageous even though they have a higher initial cost. Chapters provide an overview of LCA and how it can be used in conjunction with other indicators to manage construction. Topics covered include indoor environment quality, energy efficiency, transport, water reuse, materials, land use and ecology, and more. The book presents a valuable tool for construction professionals and researchers that want to apply sustainable construction techniques to their projects. Practitioners will find the international case studies and discussions of worldwide regulation and standards particularly useful.
- Provides a framework for analyzing sustainable construction technologies and economic viability
- Introduces key credit criteria for different sustainable construction technologies
- Covers the most relevant construction areas
- Includes technologies that can be employed during the process of construction, or to the product of the construction process, i.e. buildings
- Analyzes international rating systems and provides supporting case studies
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
1. Introduction 2. Current Management Approach 3. Management 4. Indoor environmental quality 5. Life Cycle Energy Consumption of Buildings; Embodied + Operational 6. Energy: Current Approach 7. Sustainable Procurement and Transport of Construction Materials 8. Sustainable Water Use in Construction 9. Materials 10. Emissions 11. Sustainable Construction Technology Adoption 12. Lean Principles in Construction 13. BIM-Enabled Sustainable Housing Refurbishment-LCA Case Study 14. Bridging Sustainable Construction Technologies and Heritage: Novel Approach to the Conservation of the Built Environment 15. Conclusions
School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics, Western Sydney University, Penrith NSW, Australia
Le, Khoa N.
Associate Professor Khoa N. Le received his Ph.D. in October 2002 from Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. From April 2003 to June 2009, He was a Lecturer at Griffith University, Gold Coast campus, Griffith School of Engineering. From January to July 2008, he was a visiting professor at Intelligence Signal Processing Laboratory, Korea University, Seoul, Korea. From January 2009 to February 2009, he was a visiting professor at the Wireless Communication Centre, University Technology Malaysia, Johor Bahru, Malaysia. He is currently Associate Professor at School of Computing, Engineering, and Mathematics, Kingswood, Western Sydney University. His research interests are in wireless communications with applications to structural, construction management problems, image processing and wavelet theory. Since 2003, Associate Professor Le has been an Editor of Journal on Computer Networks and Communications, Hindawi Publishing. Associate Professor Le has also been a Guest Editor of a Special Issue on "polarization in wireless communications for Physical Communication, Elsevier, 2012. Since 2018, Associate Professor Le has been an Editor for IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology and IET Signal Processing. Associate Professor Le has been Bayu Chair Professor, Chongqing University Science of Technology, 2020-2022.