This report on the UK Contract Market for Flooring Adhesives was published in July 2018 and follows on from previous reports published in 2007 and 2013 which allows comparisons to be made over time. It includes key data such as market size, brand share, reasons for buying specific brands, forecast and specification details. The report is based on a detailed market research programme with 107 flooring contractors active in the UK commercial flooring market and supported by additional desk and trade research.
The scope of the research includes all flooring adhesive products used to install carpet roll, carpet tile and resilient flooring products in commercial projects (eg offices, education, health). The research does not cover ceramic or wood flooring adhesives.
Research Programme used for the Flooring Adhesives Market Analysis
This report is primarily based on an extensive telephone interview programme with flooring contractors. The key sources of data are as follows:
- telephone market research programme with 107 flooring contractors involved in the trade flooring adhesives market. The flooring contractors are spread across the UK and cover a range of business sizes.
- desk research using government statistics, construction forecast model, company brochures, trade magazines and other publicly available information.
- data and trends from previous reports on this market published in 2007 and 2013.
The report is in powerpoint and covers 72 pages including 34 charts/tables and 17 pages of contractor quotes.
- Flooring adhesive market size and forecast growth
- Market size by sector eg offices, health, education
- Market share by brand
- Frequency of use of each brand
- Brands by type of floor covering (carpet roll, carpet tile, vinyl, LVT, wood)
- Reasons for selecting adhesive supplier
- Route to market – direct, distribution, client
- Ratings of brands – range, price, quality, technical help. Changes over time.
- Areas for brands to improve
- Specification market – most likely brands to be specified
- Specification market – % share of total market; % projects switched
- Use of a single manufacturer for adhesive, smoothing compound, DPM and primer
- Gypsum calcium sulphate (anhydrite) screeds
- Route to market
- Gun and hose system
- Environmentally friendly packaging
“Both reports provided us with excellent information on the market and include data from original research that is not available elsewhere. They are well presented and have helped us in our planning.” Business Manager, Laybond Products
“We asked Leading Edge to help us to develop our company strategy. The work was excellent and we acted upon most of the recommendations”. Director, Ardex
“The LVT report is a good quality report, well written and presented and a valuable aid in understanding the UK market”. Director, Karndean
“We found the LVT market report very useful and it will help in developing our sales and marketing plans for the UK. The quotes from the flooring contractors were particularly helpful in understanding their purchasing behaviour”. Marketing Manager, Tarkett.
“Leading Edge helped us to identify the market opportunity in the flooring sector, we were very happy with their research and it contributed towards our decision making process”. Commercial Manager, Gerflor
“Leading Edge carried out a customer survey on our behalf. This was across a number of product and customer groups which added to the complexity of the process. The team at Leading Edge were supportive and helpful throughout the process and the final report has contributed to our business planning.” Director, Gradus