This 60-minute webinar will help attendees discover the various types of payroll scams, how to recognize key signs of fraud, and ways to prevent and eliminate payroll fraud. It will further offer best practices to use in payroll audits to defend against fraud and negligence.
Why should you attend:
Payroll fraud is the most common form of employee theft and of all the accounting fraud scams, it’s one of the hardest to detect. One of the difficulties in stopping payroll fraud is the different types of scams that exist.
How can you implement policies, procedures and strategies to identify, eliminate and prevent payroll fraud? Join this 60-minute webinar to discover:
- Red flags to look for when identifying payroll fraud
- Protocols you can put in place to prevent fraud
- Using audits and reviews to find patterns, red flags and stop scams
- Common risk factors companies face when it comes to payroll fraud
- Real-life lessons: Strategies taken from actual fraud cases
- Identifying Payroll Fraud: Various Types of Scams and Warning Signs to Know
- The tell-tale signs of fraud: What to look for in employee behavior
- Know your risk factors: Modern issues facing companies and how to prepare
- The usual suspects: Common scams, schemes and plots for payroll fraud
- Strategies to Detect and Prevent Fraud with Internal Controls and Polices
- Tips on how to build red flag alerts into your payroll accounting
- Expert guidance on how to construct internal controls that prevent fraud
- Real-life payroll scams and their outcomes: Key lessons to take away
- Ways to Use Payroll Audits and Reviews to Defend Against Fraud and Negligence
- Audit frequency: How often should you conduct manual and automated audit tests to be effective?
- Tips on different types of self-audits and testing to conduct them
- Common obstacles auditors face when it comes to fraud and how to avoid them
- Question and Answer Session
Editorial Advisory Committee of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
Peter, has 25 years of experience as a business journalist and trainer, having launched, edited and published numerous business trade periodicals covering small business, international trade, management strategy, banking and personal finance. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a member of the Editorial Advisory Committee of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) as well as an active member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, the High-Tech Crime Investigation Association and the IOFM Controller Certification Advisory Board.
- Internal and external audit professionals
- Accounting and audit practitioners
- HR managers
- Payables specialists
- Procurement managers
- Compliance and ethics managers
- CFOs/senior financial managers
- Security personnel/fraud investigators and examiners
- Professionals in the Banking and finance Industry