High Growth Expected as New Market Segments and Enhanced Customer Engagement Lead to Rapid Adoption
As the global banking industry struggles with issues related to rising costs, legacy infrastructure, evolving customer demand and changing regulations, the NeoBanking industry is making slow but steady progress. With new business models, innovative products and services, use of technology and approach to business, NeoBanks are engaging their customers like never before. The objective of this study is to identify NeoBanking trends in Europe. With regulations enabling access to data to encourage competition, NeoBanks are disrupting the market. The underserved market segments are exploring new and innovative offers. This study delves deeper into the efforts that NeoBanks are making to differentiate themselves, technologies that they are using, and the new business models that are working for them.
While NeoBanks will continue to disrupt the market, they need to be backed by a solid foundation. The United Kingdom has recently issued licenses to many new banks are almost 150 years. These new banks are using technology to forge ahead, and while they do not have the legacy of information that most large banks possess, they are using connected devices and shared economy and a completely new approach to gather consumer data. This data is being used to derive insights and make better decisions. This in turn is appreciated by consumers and enterprises alike, who are now open to sharing data in a secure environment in exchange for better products and customized services.
Technologies such as AI, ML, analytics, and Blockchain are constantly evolving and new solutions based on these technologies are gaining prominence. Some of the areas that are likely to witness significant developments include security solutions, analytics based decision-making, and natural language understanding based applications. Regulators are also promoting NeoBanks by enabling access to data through regulations such as PSD2 and GDPR. Incumbents are also playing a significant role with strategic investments in innovative companies, partnerships, and also by launching their own NeoBanks.
- An Introduction to NeoBanks
- NeoBanking Trends in Europe
- Technology Trends and their impact on the Industry
- Drivers and Restraints to the NeoBank Industry
- Growth Opportunities across the Segments
The report also includes company profiles of many market participants, along with their value propositions, differentiators, strengths and weaknesses.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the challenges for the traditional banking system that are met by NeoBanks?
- What are the trends in the European NeoBanking industry?
- What are the technology trends prevalent in the industry?
- What are the drivers and restraints for the European NeoBanking industry?
- What are the key growth opportunities in the NeoBanking industry?
Table of Contents
- Key Findings
- Key Definitions
- Market Segmentation and Research Scope
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- NeoBanks-Meeting Challenges of Traditional Banking
- NeoBanks-Establishing New Banking Structure
- NeoBanks-Not Without Risks
- NeoBanks-New Launches Timeline*
- NeoBanks in Europe*-UK is a Preferred Location
- NeoBanks-Targeting Different Market Segments*
- NeoBanks-Products and Services
- NeoBanks-Different Approaches to Enter the Market
- NeoBanks-Revenue and Business Models
- NeoBanks-Key Success Parameters
- NeoBanks Investor Funding-Examples*
- NeoBanks Investor Funding-Key Takeaways
- NeoBanks M&A-Examples*
- NeoBanks M&A-Key Takeaways
- NeoBanks Collaborations and Partnerships-Examples*
- NeoBanks Collaborations and Partnerships-Key Takeaways
- NeoBanks-Regulatory Framework
- NeoBanks-Technology Trends Overview
- NeoBanks Technology Trends-Cloud
- NeoBanks Technology Trends-IoT
- NeoBanks Technology Trends-Big Data and Analytics
- NeoBanks Technology Trends-AI and ML
- NeoBanks Technology Trends-Blockchain
- Company Profiles-Fidor Bank
- Company Profiles-Kontist
- Company Profile-OakNorth
- Company Profile-Nickel
- Company Profile-Soldo
- Company Profiles-Brief
- NeoBanks-Market Drivers by Order of Impact
- NeoBanks-Market Drivers Explained
- NeoBanks-Market Restraints by Order of Impact
- NeoBanks-Market Restraints Explained
- Growth Opportunity 1-Small and Medium Enterprises
- Growth Opportunity 2-Alternate Finance
- Growth Opportunity 3-Collaboration
- Strategic Imperatives for NeoBanks
- Top 3 Recommendations
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Fidor Bank