- Trends in Microbiome partnering deals
- Disclosed headlines, upfronts, milestones and royalties by stage of development
- Microbiome partnering contract documents
- Top Microbiome deals by value
The Global Microbiome Partnering Terms and Agreements report provides an understanding and access to the Microbiome partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter Microbiome partnering deals. The majority of deals are early development stage whereby the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors Microbiome technology or product candidates. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner’s negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases and databases do not.
This report contains links to online copies of actual Microbiome deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner’s flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party’s ability to derive value from the deal.
For example, analyzing actual company deals and agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How are sales and payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of Microbiome dealmaking and business activities. Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst chapter 2 provides an overview of the trends in Microbiome dealmaking since 2010, including details of average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty terms.
Chapter 3 provides a review of the leading Microbiome deals since 2010. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by big pharma, most active Microbiome dealmaking companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 4 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 25 most active companies in Microbiome dealmaking with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of Microbiome deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 5 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Microbiome partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010, where a contract document is available in the public domain. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 6 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of Microbiome partnering deals signed and announced since Jan 2010. The chapter is organized by specific Microbiome technology type in focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided organized by Microbiome partnering company A-Z, deal type definitions and Microbiome partnering agreements example. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in Microbiome partnering and dealmaking since 2010.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of Microbiome technologies and products.
Global Microbiome Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2022 is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to Microbiome trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Global Microbiome Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2022 includes:
- Trends in Microbiome dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2010
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Access to over 250 Microbiome deal records and contract documents where available
- The leading antibody deals by value since 2010
- Most active Microbiome dealmakers since 2010
- The leading Microbiome partnering resources
In Global Microbiome Partnering Terms and Agreements 2010 to 2022, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal component type
- Specific therapy and technology target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Table of Contents
2.2. Microbiome partnering over the years
2.3. Most active Microbiome dealmakers
2.4. Microbiome partnering by deal type
2.5. Microbiome partnering by therapy area
2.6. Deal terms for Microbiome partnering
2.6.1 Microbiome partnering headline values
2.6.2 Microbiome deal upfront payments
2.6.3 Microbiome deal milestone payments
2.6.4 Microbiome royalty rates
3.2. Top Microbiome deals by value
4.2. Most active Microbiome dealmakers
4.3. Most active Microbiome partnering company profiles
5.2. Microbiome contracts dealmaking directory
Appendix 2 - Microbiome deals by stage of development
Appendix 3 - Microbiome deals by deal type
Appendix 4 - Microbiome deals by therapy area
Appendix 5 - Deal type definitions
Appendix 6 - Further Reading
Figure 2: Active Microbiome dealmaking activity since 2010
Figure 3: Microbiome partnering by deal type since 2010
Figure 4: Microbiome partnering by disease type since 2010
Figure 5: Microbiome deals with a headline value
Figure 6: Microbiome deals with an upfront value
Figure 7: Microbiome deals with a milestone value
Figure 8: Microbiome deals with a royalty rate value
Figure 9: Top Microbiome deals by value since 2010
Figure 10: Most active Microbiome dealmakers since 2010
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 4D Pharma
- 9 Meters Biopharma
- Aarhus University
- Abbott Laboratories
- ADL Bionatur Solutions
- AIDS Clinical Trials Group
- Alimentary Health
- ALS Association
- Amag Pharmaceuticals
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC)
- Ancilia Biosciences
- Arc Bio
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Arena Pharmaceuticals
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Ariana Pharma
- Arranta Bio
- Artizan Biosciences
- Assembly Biosciences
- Aurealis Therapeutics
- Bayer CropScience
- Bayer Healthcare
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Baylor Miraca Genetics Laboratories
- Beam Therapeutics
- Bertin Pharma
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Biocodex Microbiota Foundation
- Biohaven Pharmaceuticals
- Biomecite Diagnostics
- Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority
- BionX Medical Technologies
- Bio Palette
- Biosortia Pharmaceuticals
- Bloom Science
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Boston University School of Medicine
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Brown University
- Cancer Research UK
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Centre Leon Berard
- Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
- Centro Sperimentale del Latte
- Children's Hospital Boston
- Circuit Clinical
- Clalit Health Services
- CN Bio
- Companion PBx
- Compass Minerals Plant Nutrition
- COPD Foundation
- Cornell University
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- DDL Diagnostic Laboratory
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency
- Department of Health and Human Services
- DuPont Pharmaceuticals
- DuPont Pioneer
- Eagle Genomics
- Eligo Bioscience
- Enterome Bioscience
- European Commission
- Evelo Biosciences
- Evolve BioSystems
- ExeGi Pharma
- Felix Biotechnology
- Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- Finch Therapeutics
- Florida International University
- Food Marble Digestive Health
- Forsyth Institute
- French National Institute for Agricultural Research
- Fundacion Progreso y Salud
- Galmed Pharmaceuticals
- General Automation Lab Technologies
- Genetic Analysis
- Genome and Company
- Georges Francois Leclerc Center
- German Cryo
- Gilead Sciences
- Ginkgo BioWorks
- Gnubiotics Sciences
- Hackensack Meridian Health
- Hadassah Medical Center
- Hamilton Company
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Harvard University
- HLH BioPharma Vertriebs
- Horizon 2020
- Hospital of University of Strasbourg
- Hudson Institute of Medical Research
- Human Longevity
- The publisher reports provide insight into the trends and terms of partnering deals in the global life sciences sector.
- The publisher reports are updated every six months to ensure the user has access to the latest announcements and trends in the topic focus of the report.
- The publisher analysts review the deal data to provide an overview and analysis of deal trends, including example deals and terms.
- The publisher reports source deal data from our proprietary deals and alliances database. The database is updated daily by our analysts with new deals as they are announced globally by the company’s party to the deal.
- The data in the deals and alliances database is obtained from secondary sources such as publicly available industry sources including press releases, company presentations, investor presentations, company SEC filings, other company filings, company websites, conference presentations. Sources are identified to allow for user verification.
The publisher provides comprehensive coverage of the following partnering or deal types:
- Asset purchase
- Collaborative R&D
- Contract service
- Equity purchase
- Joint venture
- Royalty financing
- Spin out
- Sub license
Every deal record is fully categorized and includes the following data, where available:
- Industry sector
- Therapy areas
- Technology type
- Deal components
- Financial terms
- Stage of development
- Asset type
- Geographic focus
- Excluded geography
- Company press release
- SEC filing data including contract document
All financial amounts are converted to US$ using the exchange rate available on the date of deal announcement, enabling direct comparison of deal terms across international territories.