Isostatic graphite, a kind of high-end specialty graphite with multiple excellent properties, is widely used in semiconductor, electric discharge & mold machining, nuclear power, metallurgy and aviation, particularly in PV field, the largest applied market.
Global photovoltaic (PV) industry has been developing apace over recent years, with new installed capacity hitting 98GW in 2017, a year-on-year increase of 40%, bringing total global installations to 402.5GW. China added 53GW in the year, an upsurge of 53.4% from a year earlier, with cumulative installed capacity reporting 130GW.
Spurred by the booming PV sector, global output of isostatic graphite reached 142kt in 2016, about 71.5% of which was consumed in PV field. China demanded 74kt of isostatic graphite, 73.7% of which came from the PV industry. However, as China-made products are still inferior to foreign high-end ones, the isostatic graphite for high-end applications like nuclear power is largely imported, with a self-sufficiency rate of about 70.8%.
Japan, the United States and Europe are home to major isostatic graphite producers in the world. Enterprises with capacity of over 10kt include TOYO TANSO, IBIDEN and Tokai (Japan), SGL (Germany), and Mersen (France). Among them, SGL, Mersen and TOYO TANSO have production bases in China.
Famous Chinese isostatic graphite producers include Baofeng Five-star Graphite, Chengdu Carbon (Fangda Carbon New Material), Datong Xincheng New Material, Jilin Carbon and Sinosteel Advanced Material (Zhejiang). Among them, Baofeng Five-star Graphite boasts larger capacity (10kt/a), and Chengdu Carbon has the most product specifications and varieties. Several firms including Chengdu Carbon are still ramping up production with a combined capacity of about 114kt/a under construction.
As the demand from downstream sectors like PV is growing steadily, China’s output of isostatic graphite and self-sufficiency rate will rise along with operation of isostatic graphite projects under construction and improvement in performance of the products, to an estimated 103.7kt and 87.9% in 2022, respectively.
Global and China Isostatic Graphite Industry Report, 2018-2022 highlights the following:
- Global isostatic graphite industry (status quo, market size, competitive landscape, development in major countries, etc.);
- The isostatic graphite industry in China (development environment, supply & demand, competitive landscape, import & export, price comparison, development trends, etc.);
- Downstream sectors (PV, electrical discharge machining (EDM), nuclear power, etc.);
- Eight foreign and twenty Chinese enterprises (profile, operation, R&D investment, isostatic graphite business, etc.)
*The Chinese Version of this Report is Available on Request.
1 Overview of Isostatic Graphite
1.3 Industry Chain
2 Development of Global Isostatic Graphite Industry
2.1 Status Quo
2.2 Market Size
2.3 Competitive Landscape
2.4 Development in Major Countries
3. Development of China Isostatic Graphite Industry
3.1 Development Environment
3.1.2 Development Environment
3.1.3 Production Technology
3.2.2 Demand Structure
3.4 Competitive Landscape
3.5 Import and Export
3.6 Price Comparison
3.7 The Gap with Foreign Countries
3.8 Development Trend
3.8.1 Isostatic Graphite Is Gearing towards Large Specifications
3.8.2 The Release of Capacity Conduces to a Rise in Self-Sufficiency
3.8.3 Robust Demand from Downstream Sectors Facilitates the Development of Isostatic Graphite Industry
4. Development of Downstream Sectors
4.1 Photovoltaic Industry
4.1.1 Status Quo
4.1.2 Market Size
4.1.3 Demand for Isostatic Graphite
4.2 Electrical Discharge Machining (EDM) Industry
4.2.2 Demand for Isostatic Graphite
4.3 Nuclear Power Industry
4.3.2 Demand for Isostatic Graphite
5. Major Overseas Companies
5.1.3 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.1.4 Development in China
5.2 TOYO TANSO
5.2.3 Revenue Structure
5.2.4 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.2.5 Development in China
5.3 Tokai Carbon
5.3.3 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.3.4 Development in China
5.4 SGL Group
5.4.3 Revenue Structure
5.4.4 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.4.5 Development in China
5.5.3 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.5.4 Development in China
5.6 Poco Graphite
5.6.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.6.3 Development in China
5.7.3 Isostatic Graphite Business
5.8.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6. Key Chinese Companies
6.1 Fangda Carbon New Material Co., Ltd
6.1.3 Revenue Structure
6.1.4 Gross Margin
6.1.5 R&D Investment
6.1.6 Chengdu Carbon Co., Ltd.
6.1.7 Chengdu Rongguang Carbon Co., Ltd.
6.1.8 Forecast and Outlook
6.2 Datong Xincheng New Material Co., Ltd.
6.2.3 Revenue Structure
6.2.4 Gross Margin
6.2.5 Major Customers
6.2.6 R&D Investment
6.2.7 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.2.8 Forecast and Outlook
6.3 Jilin Gaoke Special Carbon Materials Co., Ltd.
6.3.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.4 North Industries Group Red Arrow Co., Ltd.
6.4.3 Revenue Structure
6.4.4 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.5 Pingdingshan Oriental Carbon Co., Ltd.
6.5.3 Revenue Structure
6.5.4 Gross Margin
6.5.5 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.6 Sinosteel Advanced Material (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
6.6.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.7 Mersen (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
6.7.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.8 Pingdingshan City Kaiyuan Specialty Graphite Ltd.
6.8.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.9 Liaoning Dahua Glory Special Graphite Co., Ltd.
6.9.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.10 Sichuan Guanghan Shida Carbon Inc.
6.10.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.11 Jiangsu Hoken Carbon Technology Co., Ltd.
6.11.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.12 Hemsun High Purity Graphite Technology Co., Ltd
6.12.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.13 Baofeng Five-star Graphite Co., Ltd.
6.13.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.14 Sichuan Qingyang New Material Technology Co., Ltd.
6.14.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.15 Hebei Haili Special Graphite Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
6.15.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.16 Shanghai Sinmo Industries Co., Ltd.
6.16.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.17 Henan Kaitan New Materials Co., Ltd.
6.17.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.18 Guizhou Geruite New Materials Co., Ltd.
6.18.2 Business Performance
6.19 Inner Mongolia Ruisheng New Energy Co., Ltd.
6.19.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
6.20 Pingdingshan Boxiang Carbon Co., Ltd.
6.20.2 Isostatic Graphite Business
- TOYO TANSO
- Tokai Carbon
- SGL Group
- Poco Graphite
- Fangda Carbon New Material Co., Ltd
- Chengdu Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Chengdu Rongguang Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Datong Xincheng New Material Co., Ltd.
- Jilin Gaoke Special Carbon Materials Co., Ltd.
- North Industries Group Red Arrow Co., Ltd.
- Pingdingshan Oriental Carbon Co., Ltd.
- Sinosteel Advanced Material (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
- Mersen (Chongqing) Co., Ltd.
- Pingdingshan City Kaiyuan Specialty Graphite Ltd.
- Liaoning Dahua Glory Special Graphite Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Guanghan Shida Carbon Inc.
- Jiangsu Hoken Carbon Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hemsun High Purity Graphite Technology Co., Ltd
- Baofeng Five-star Graphite Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Qingyang New Material Technology Co., Ltd.
- Hebei Haili Special Graphite Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Shanghai Sinmo Industries Co., Ltd.
- Henan Kaitan New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Guizhou Geruite New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Inner Mongolia Ruisheng New Energy Co., Ltd.
- Pingdingshan Boxiang Carbon Co., Ltd.