This PEST country analysis report on Nepal provides a holistic view of the country, with insightful analysis of current and future issues, supplemented with relevant quantitative data to support trend analysis.
Understand the political system in Nepal through analysis of key figures in the country and governance indicators.
Understand the economic situation in Nepal through a balanced assessment of core macroeconomic issues.
Understand customer demographics in Nepal through analysis of income distribution and the rural-urban split, as well as healthcare and education.
Understand the technological landscape in Nepal through analysis of relevant laws and policies, as well as patents data.
- The political landscape section discusses the evolution of the political scenario in Nepal, as well as the country's economic, social, foreign, and defense policies. The section also discusses the country's performance according to World Bank Governance Indicators.
- The economic landscape section outlines the evolution of Nepal's economy, as well as the country's performance in terms of GDP growth, composition by sector (agriculture, industry, and services), fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, credit disbursement, banking sector, and employment.""
- The social landscape section analyzes the government's social welfare policies, as well as the country's performance in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education.
Reasons to buy
- What is the outlook in Nepal in terms of political stability, policies towards business, and the popularity of the government?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of GDP growth, its fiscal situation, international investment position, monetary situation, and employment?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of healthcare, income distribution, and education?
- How does Nepal perform in terms of technology-intensive sectors like IT, life sciences, and R&D expenditure trends?
2.2 Key highlights
2.3 Key developments (January 2017-September 2018)
2.4 Key Facts and Geographic Location
2.5 Key facts
2.6 Geographical location
3 Political Landscape
3.3 Structure and policies
3.4 Key political figures
3.5 Structure of government
3.6 Structure of legislature
3.7 Key policies
3.10 Foreign and defense
3.12 Governance indicators
4 Economic Landscape
4.3 Structure and policies
4.4 Financial system
4.6 GDP and growth rate
4.7 Fiscal situation
4.8 International investment position
4.9 Monetary situation
5 Social Landscape
5.3 Structure and policies
5.4 Demographic composition
5.9 Income distribution
6 Technological Landscape
6.3 Structure and policies
6.4 Intellectual property
6.5 Research and Development
6.6 Information Communication and Technology
6.8 Opportunity sectors
6.9 Research and development
List of Tables
Table 1: Nepal - key facts, 2018
Table 2: Mid-year population by age (% of total population), 2017
List of Figures
Figure 1: Map of Nepal
Figure 2: Nepal - key political events timeline
Figure 3: Nepal - head of state and government
Figure 4: Distribution of seats for the House of Representatives after 2017 elections
Figure 5: Evolution of GDP growth in Nepal, 2007-2017
Figure 6: GDP and GDP growth rate of Nepal (constant prices), 2012-22f
Figure 7: Sector-specific GDP in Nepal, 2017
Figure 8: Agricultural output in Nepal, 2012-17
Figure 9: Industrial output in Nepal, 2012-17
Figure 10: Services output in Nepal, 2012-17
Figure 11: Nepal’s trade position, 2012-16
Figure 12: Consumer Price Index and inflation rate in Nepal, 2012-22f
Figure 13: Unemployment in Nepal, 2012-22f
Figure 14: Major religions in Nepal
Figure 15: Healthcare expenditure, 2011-17
Figure 16: Internet Users in Nepal, 2012-16