Management of infectious diseases remains a critical challenge for public health professionals who face increasing demand to control the spread of existing and novel diseases. To provide appropriate healthcare assistance, it is imperative to diagnose the exact form of infection from an array of complicated symptoms expressed by the host. As the outcome of diagnosis is time-bound, the test accuracy-sensitivity and specificity-plays a key role in determining the disease type, which is vital for delivering enhanced patient care and represents a major challenge. Point-of-care diagnostic testing (POCT) has the potential to rapidly identify the infectious diseases and provide actionable information to improve disease management, especially in resource-limited settings.
The current challenges faced by the industry include efficiency of test accuracy, requirement for additional confirmatory test in laboratory, improper handling of patient samples, which may lead to errors and reimbursement cuts by Medicare and Medicaid. However, drivers such as technological innovation, expansion of CLIA-waived simple tests, and funding from research organization and NGOs have provided a strong impetus to the growth of the POCT market. With the synergistic effect of advanced technologies, such as chip-based PCR technique, fluid-phase immunoprecipitation assays, new multiplexing ecosystems, and smartphone-based POCT, the growth is anticipated to increase rapidly in the next 5 years.
The key objective of this growth insight for infectious disease POCT study is to highlight the current market dynamics such as key market participants, market segments, and evolving business opportunities. The study aims to identify enterprises that are capable of shaping the future through best practices implementation, visionary leadership, and innovation in product offerings. Further, the study provides an analysis of market sizing by revenue and insights into key technological segments and disease areas. It covers the key drivers, challenges in the market impeding growth, competitive landscape, market participant strategies, and future growth strategies.
The study also highlights growth opportunities, key trends, mergers and acquisitions, notable partnerships, collaboration opportunities, and key companies to watch. The study is focused on the United States. Major participants mentioned in the study are Abbott, Quidel, Meridian, OraSure, Roche, GenMark, and Cepheid.
Key Issues Addressed
- What are the biggest opportunities for companies in the infectious disease point of care testing space?
- What are the key factors that would drive the market and how will the segments evolve or change?
- What are the total market size and the projected growth of POCT solutions for infectious diseases?
- What are the emerging technological building blocks contributing to the future functionality of POCTs?
- Which areas of POCT should category leaders consider for future growth and expansion?
- Key Findings
- Scope and Segmentation
- Key Questions Addressed in this Study
- Big Market Themes
- Future Trends-Three Big Predictions
- Market Background and Overview
- POCT Reimbursement
- Competitor Portfolio Focus Area-Infectious Disease
- Key Mergers, Acquisitions, and Partnership Assessment
- Key Companies to Watch
- Key Market Drivers
- Market Restraints
- Forecast Assumptions
- Revenue Forecast
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Market Breakdown by Technology
- Market Share by Top Competitors
- Key Infectious Disease Segments
- Visioning Scenarios for the Infectious Disease POCT Market
- Key Technology Trends in Infectious Disease POCT
- Future Technology Trends in Infectious Disease POCT
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Design Simplicity, Miniaturized and High Accuracy of Molecular Point of Care Tests to Provide Growth Opportunity
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Reemergence of Diseases Such as Sepsis, Hepatitis A and Incidence of New Forms of Influenza Such as H1, H3, and H7 Strains Would Provide Opportunity to Expand Product Pipeline
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Companies Expanding from Centralized to Decentralized CLIA-based Setting to Experience Growth Opportunity
- Growth Opportunity Matrix
- Strategic Imperatives for the Infectious Disease POCT Market
- Future Trends-Three Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Competitive Product Matrix for Key Infectious Diseases
- List of Exhibits