Get all the strategies and guidance you need successfully implement conceptual learning with Mastering Concept-Based Teaching, 2nd Edition. Written specifically for nursing faculty, renowned educators Dr. Jean Foret Giddens, Dr. Linda Caputi, and Dr. Beth Rodgers walk you through the background and benefits of using a concept-based learning approach; how to plan, develop, and deliver an effective concept-based course; and how to improve and evaluate student learning with concepts. This new second edition also features two new chapters - one on how to conduct concept-based clinical experiences and another chapter on the future of concept-based interprofessional learning. You'll also find updated content, more of the highly helpful Misconceptions and Clarifications boxes, and a more streamlined design with added color and larger type. So whether you're teaching in an LPN, ADN, BSN, or MSN program, this insightful book is here to ensure a smooth execution concept-based teaching.
2. Concepts in the Discipline of Nursing
3. Developing Concepts for Concept-Based Teaching
4. Developing a Concept-Based Curriculum
5. Conceptual Learning
6. Conceptual Teaching Strategies for the Classroom Setting
7. Conceptual Teaching Strategies for Clinical Settings
8. Evaluation of Student Learning and Program Evaluation
9. Advancing the Conceptual Approach in Nursing Through Evidence, Professional Development, and Interprofessional Education
Appendix A: Clinical Activities Focusing on Concepts
Appendix B: Preparing a Concept for Concept-Based Teachings: Explanation and Template
Caputi, Linda Professor Emerita, College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
President, Linda Caputi, Inc..
Rodgers, Beth L. Nursing Alumni Endowed Professor and Chair, Department of Adult Health and Nursing Systems, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia.