Population health management stratifies population groups at risk and identifies high cost diseases and conditions, ultimately deriving the members that need to participate in disease management programs. Furthermore, insurance providers have initiated partnerships with healthcare providers through PHM integration for cost containment and value delivery. Due to the shift of healthcare providers and payers from volume to value-based care delivery, tools like PHM solutions are critical in addressing their needs. PHM solutions are an important part of Quality Payment Program (QPP), launched by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
In U.S., poor healthcare management results in the loss of productivity and a significant portion of healthcare costs. Adoption of PHM software by employers helps in the management of their healthcare budget as they can keep a track of the employees’ health status. The U.S. PHM market is likely to witness rapid growth in the coming years due to growing demand for healthcare IT services and solutions that encourage healthcare delivery reliant on value, resulting in a transition from Fee-For-Service to a value-based payment model.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- In 2010, the U.S. government introduced the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, which ensures provision of high-quality care, while reducing cost. This has encouraged the establishment of various Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Increase in healthcare expenditure, need for value-based healthcare delivery, and effective disease management across different care settings is expected to propel the U.S. population health management market growth
- The services segment dominated the overall market in terms of revenue in 2019, while the software segment is likely to experience the fastest growth over the forecast period
- Healthcare providers held a majority of the market in 2019 as population health management gives providers the flexibility to manage complex clinical data and assist in generating real-time insights. These functionalities and advantages offered by PHM are responsible for its increased adoption by healthcare providers
- Some of the companies operating in this market are Cerner, Allscripts Healthcare, LLC, Conifer Health Solutions, LLC, eClinicalWorks, Enli Health Intelligence, McKesson Corporation, Optum, Inc., Advisory Board, Koninklijke Philips N.V., and athenahealth, Inc.
- In May 2018, Allscripts acquired HealthGrid Holding Company, enabling Allscripts to integrate HealthGrid’s capabilities into its FollowMyHealth platform.
Please note: This product will be delivered within 48 business hours after receipt of order.
1.1 Information Procurement
1.2 Data Analysis
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation and Scope
3.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
220.127.116.11 Growing demand for value-based healthcare delivery
18.104.22.168 Rising healthcare expenditure
22.214.171.124 Need for effective disease management across different care settings
126.96.36.199 Rapidly aging population in the U.S.
3.1.2 Market Restraint Analysis
188.8.131.52 Lack of proper regulatory framework for PHM
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospects Mapping
3.3 U.S. Population Health Management Market - PESTLE Analysis
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter’s
3.5 U.S. Population Health Management Market: Regulatory Scenario
Chapter 4 U.S. Population Health Management Market: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 U.S. Population Health Management Market: Product Movement Analysis
4.2.1 Software Market, 2016 - 2027 (USD Million)
4.3.1 Services Market, 2016 - 2027 (USD Million)
Chapter 5 U.S. Population Health Management Market: End Use Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 U.S. Population Health Management Market: End Use Movement Analysis
5.2.1 Providers Market, 2016 - 2027 (USD Million)
5.3.1 Payers Market, 2016 - 2027 (USD Million)
5.4 Employer Groups
5.4.1 Employer Groups Market, 2016 - 2027 (USD Million)
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Framework
6.2 Population Health Management Market: Company Market Share, 2019
6.3 PHM Vendors in the U.S.
6.4 U.S. Population Health Management Market: Market Position Analysis (Based on Product, End Use, Regional Presence, and Recent Updates)
6.5 Company Profiles
6.5.1 Allscripts Healthcare, LLC
184.108.40.206 Company overview
220.127.116.11 Financial performance
18.104.22.168 Product benchmarking
22.214.171.124 Strategic initiatives
6.5.2 Cerner Corporation
126.96.36.199 Company overview
188.8.131.52 Financial performance
184.108.40.206 Product benchmarking
220.127.116.11 Strategic initiatives
6.5.3 Conifer Health Solutions, LLC
18.104.22.168 Company overview
22.214.171.124 Product benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic initiatives
188.8.131.52 Company overview
184.108.40.206 Product benchmarking
6.5.5 Enli Health Intelligence
220.127.116.11 Company overview
18.104.22.168 Product benchmarking
22.214.171.124 Strategic Initiatives
6.5.6 McKesson Corporation
126.96.36.199 Company overview
188.8.131.52 Financial performance
184.108.40.206 Product benchmarking
220.127.116.11 Strategic initiatives
18.104.22.168 Company overview
22.214.171.124 Product benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic initiatives
6.5.8 Optum, Inc.
188.8.131.52 Company overview
184.108.40.206 Financial performance
220.127.116.11 Product benchmarking
6.5.9 Advisory Board
18.104.22.168 Company overview
22.214.171.124 Financial performance
126.96.36.199 Product benchmarking
188.8.131.52 Strategic initiatives
6.5.10 Koninklijke Philips N.V.
184.108.40.206 Company overview
220.127.116.11 Financial performance
18.104.22.168 Product benchmarking
22.214.171.124 Strategic initiatives
6.5.11 athenahealth, Inc.
126.96.36.199 Company overview
188.8.131.52 Financial overview
184.108.40.206 Product benchmarking
220.127.116.11 Strategic initiatives
6.5.12 RedBrick Health Corporation
18.104.22.168 Company overview
22.214.171.124 Product benchmarking
126.96.36.199 Strategic initiatives
188.8.131.52 Company overview
184.108.40.206 Product benchmarking
220.127.116.11 Strategic initiatives
*Full List of Tables and Figures Available on Enquiry.
- Allscripts Healthcare, LLC
- Cerner Corporation
- Conifer Health Solutions, LLC
- Enli Health Intelligence
- McKesson Corporation
- Optum, Inc.
- Advisory Board
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- athenahealth, Inc.
- RedBrick Health Corporation