Gunshot detection systems are playing a crucial role in helping reduce the number of incidents related to mass shootings taking place worldwide. Various law enforcement agencies worldwide are now deploying various tactics in order to curb the increased incidents related to a mass shooting. Moreover, there has been a growing interest in gunfire detection technology by major police agencies around the world. There are various kinds of indoor and outdoor gunshot detection systems available in the market, including some developed originally for military use on the battlefields in Afghanistan and Iraq. The recent incidents of gunmen opening fire in Las Vegas have led to the introduction of new technologies, such as Amberbox as well as SENTRI, in order to detect gunshots and prevent the loss of life. SENTRI is a device that can be portable or installed at fixed locations in order to detect gunfire or acoustic signatures or other incidents, such as the explosion as well as breaking of glass.
Furthermore, SENTRI has been developed with both militaries as well as independent funding. Although the technology, in the present scenario, has applications in the military, the technology also has been available to the public for more than a decade.
Border Security has become the new ground for operation of gunshot detections systems. The United States, as well as the United Kingdom, are the major inventors in the technology for border patrol and security. Gunshot detection systems at the border allow soldiers to accurately respond at the location of shots being fired. Gunshot detection systems connected to automatic weapons can allow sentry guns to automatically carry defensive actions to tackle intruders even in the absence of a human operator/respondent. Such advanced systems might take a little while to come into existence but the future of the gunshot detection systems can be expected to be in border security alongside artificial intelligence used to track and detect enemies.
Based on the installation type, the gunshot detection systems market is dominated by the fixed segment. Fixed gunshot detection system uses acoustic sensor node detection technology to detect a gunshot event. Fixed installation systems are carried out at 30 - 60 meters from the ground.
- Nov 2017: Las Vegas Police began testing a network of acoustic gunshot sensors in certain areas of the city. The ShotSpotter was deployed to investigate gunfire reports.
- Jun 2017: The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) certified a gunshot detection system under the Support Anti-terrorism by Fostering Effective Technology (SAFETY) Act. The Guardian Indoor Active Shooter Detection System was designed and developed by Shooter Detection Systems (SDS).
- Provides Latest Insights into the Gunshot Detection System market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Detailed analysis of the region expected to witness the fastest growth in the market
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team/sales representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Current Market Scenario
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.3.1 Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
3.3.3 Threat Of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
3.3.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
4. Market Dynamics
5. Gunshot Detection System, Segmented by Product Type
6. Gunshot Detection System, Segmented by Application
184.108.40.206 Vehicle (Ground and Aerial)
220.127.116.11 Fixed/ Ground Installation
18.104.22.168 Vehicle (Ground and Aerial)
22.214.171.124 Fixed/ Ground Installation
6.2 Homeland/Law Enforcement
7. Gunshot Detection System, Segmented by Geography
7.1 Asia Pacific
7.2 North America
7.4 Middle East
7.5 Rest of the World
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2 Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.2 ACOEM Group
9.5 Databuoy Corporation
9.6 Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI)
9.7 Information System Technologies Inc.
9.8 Louroe Electronics
9.9 Thales Group
9.10 Rafael Advanced Defence Systems Ltd.
9.11 Safety Dynamics, Inc.
9.12 Microflown AVISA
9.13 Rheinmetall AG
9.14 ASELSAN AS
9.15 Raytheon Company
9.16 Elbit Systems Ltd.