This survey was designed to help understand current attitudes of business leaders towards the Internet of Things (IoT) compared to other emerging technologies, and evaluate how these attitudes are likely to evolve over the next three years. The results also give a view of actual adoption levels of IoT compared to other prominent emerging technologies in organizations across industries and geographies, as well as reasons for that adoption.
IoT is entering the second phase of its evolution. To date, much of the real value of IoT has been derived from industrial applications. The next phase will see the emergence of consumer IoT (including smart home and ambient commerce) as an engine for growth.
- This report provides a snapshot of current attitudes of business leaders towards IoT.
- It summarises IoT investment priorities for enterprises from all industries.
- It highlights which IoT technologies are currently top of mind for executives.
- It uses key metrics to identify the business objectives behind IoT implementations.
- It also provides recommendations for both enterprises and technology vendors.
Reasons to Buy
- This in-depth survey of global business leaders provides vital insights into how enterprises are reacting to recent developments in IoT technology.
- It illustrates where investments are currenly being made and provides a guide on how levels of spending might change over the next three years.
- It also offers recommendations for enterprises on how to get the most from their IoT investments, and for technology vendors on how to win in an increasingly crowded marketplace.
Table of ContentsScope of Research
Survey Demographics & Methodology
Conclusions & Recommendations