The Global Commercial Aviation Market Continues to be in the Super Cruise Mode with the Longest, Uninterrupted Aviation Super Cycle
The 2018-2019 annual edition of this report provides a comprehensive SFAS Framework Analysis and overall SFAS score on each of the Global Top 5 Commercial Aircraft Manufacturers based on an analysis of each OEM's strategic positioning in the existing market dynamics and its degree of responsiveness to its internal & external environment respectively.
The objective of the analysis is to assess as to how favorably is each company positioned and how responsive it is to the nature & pace of changes taking place within its internal and external environment respectively.
The framework generates an insightful snapshot of the prevailing, holistic strategic equation for each company by identifying, weighing, prioritizing & ranking significant strategic factors present in the internal & external environment through an Internal Factor Analysis Summary (IFAS) matrix & External Factor Analysis Summary (EFAS) matrix respectively. These strategic factors are then ranked based on the strategic significance & potential degree of impact along-with each respective company's corresponding degree of responsiveness to these factors.
The final Strategic Factor Analysis Summary (SFAS) matrix amalgamates the IFAS & EFAS matrices into a single matrix followed by a reevaluation & second level ranking & responsiveness rating which leads to the generation of an overall score, thus, providing a holistic, overarching view on each industry player.
The numeric SFAS scores and the analysis produced by the framework, thus, are highly useful for competitive & comparative analysis from a current as well as emerging perspective with the framework assessing the strategic positioning & the degree of responsiveness of each company towards the present as well as emerging market dynamics, thereby, analyzing the ability to be able to create & capitalize on potential growth opportunities effectively by harnessing & navigating the changing market & technology landscape effectively while leveraging structural & core strengths and negating threats & overcoming challenges simultaneously.
SFAS, as a framework, thus, scores significantly over the traditional SWOT analysis framework, in terms, of its ability to quantify a range of strategic factors based on the nature & potential degree of effect of each strategic factor being analyzed, thereby, making it much more effective for competitive assessment as well as analysis with the creation of a quantitative strategic snapshot on each market player.
The Global Commercial Aviation market continues to be in the super cruise mode with the longest, uninterrupted aviation super cycle, led by the classic OEMs duopoly, being propelled by strong tailwinds with strong demand drivers and favorable macroeconomic factors driving order intake across the industry value chain.
Boeing & Airbus lit up the Farnborough Airshow 2018 with combined order intake for around 960 aircrafts worth $160 billion at list prices, with Boeing’s order intake packing a real punch underscored by its tally of orders for freighters, indicating towards resurgence in demand for freighters and that the aviation super cycle is still in full momentum.
The burgeoning order backlog across OEMs; worth over $1 trillion, is likely to drive consistent revenues growth across the industry value chain over the next decade as it gears up for disciplined operational execution.
The OEMs are focused strongly on ramping up aircraft production rates through the next decade to meet delivery schedules with aircraft deliveries by the industry in 2018 likely to reach a record high with production output on key aircraft programs going up. Airlines profitability continues to be on the upward growth trajectory with 2018 likely to be another boom year for the airlines with the profitability projected to register double digit growth rate to reach $38.4 billion in 2018, despite the spike in crude oil prices & pressures from escalating labor costs.
Against this backdrop, this SFAS Framework Analysis will thus be crucial to understand & assess as to how are the OEMs strategically positioned in a rapidly changing and evolving industry dynamics and market environment and how adaptive, responsive & prepared are they to be able to ride the waves of change & disruption blowing through the market.
Relevance & Usefulness of the Report:
The report will be useful for:
- Competitive Assessment, Comparative Analysis & Strategic Planning
- Overall Strategic Equation & Quantified, Numeric SFAS score for each Company based on analysis of Strategic Positioning, Market Dynamics & Responsiveness.
- Holistic, Comparative Analysis on & Ranking of the industry OEMs based on SFAS Scores.
- Analysis of degree of Congruence between Emerging Market Landscape & Strategy focus across OEMs
- Identifying & highlighting areas for making potential Strategic Changes, Adjustments & Realignment
- Analysis & Assessment of Emerging Market, Technology Trends & Developments
- Analysis of Forces Driving as well as restraining the Industry & their overall Dynamics
- Analysis of Market Evolution with Medium Term Demand Growth Projections & Outlook
For Whom: Key Decision-Makers across Industry Value Chain
The report will be essential & a key resource for those associated with and having strategic interest in the Global Commercial Aircraft Market.
The report will be especially useful for:
- Key Decision-Makers
- Program Managers
- Top Management of Industry Players & Other Companies
- Industry OEMs
- Airlines & Aircraft Fleet Operators
- Suppliers, Vendors, Technology & MRO Services Providers and other Key Players in the Industry Value Chain
- Existing & potential Investors
- Industry & Company Analysts
- M&A Advisory Firms
- Strategy & Management Consulting Firms
- PE Firms, Venture Capitalists and Financing & Leasing Companies
- Researchers and all those associated with the industry in general
Table of Contents
Section - 1
c) Business Segments
f) Market Capitalization
g) Key Executives
h) Shareholding/Ownership Pattern & Structure
2. Revenues Split by Key Segments
3. Revenues Split by Key Geographic Markets & Regions
4. Gross Earnings & Margin Trend
5. Operating Earnings & Operating Margin Trend
6. Return on Sales Trend
7. Profitability Growth Trend
8. Cash Flow from Operations
9. R&D Expenditure Trend
10. CAPEX Trend
11. Order Intake & Deliveries Trend
12. Order Backlog Position & Growth Trend
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Strengths
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Weaknesses
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Opportunities
- Quantified Strategic Factors categorized under Threats
- Quantified Sources of Strengths which could be Leveraged
- Quantified Weaknesses to be Worked Upon
- Opportunities to be Capitalized Upon & their Quantification to Assess Degree of Relevance & Usefulness
- Threats to be Mitigated, Negated & Overcome & their Quantification to Assess Potential Degree of Impact
- Airbus SAS
- The Boeing Company
- Bombardier Inc.
- Embraer SA
- Driving Forces
- Restraining Forces
- Analysis of Emerging Market Scenario for Commercial Aviation Sector
- Global Demand Forecast – Commercial Aircrafts – 2018-2037 – In Units
- Global Demand Forecast – Commercial Aircrafts – 2018-2037 – In Value Terms
- Demand Growth Forecasts for Regions – Aircraft Unit Deliveries (Split by Segments) in Unit and Value Terms - 2018-2037
- Airbus SAS
- Bombardier Inc.
- Embraer SA
- The Boeing Company