This issue of Sensor TechVision TOE profiles advancements in piezoelectric acoustic sensors, thermal image sensors, LiDAR sensors, wireless sensors, and skin sensors.
Innovations include novel piezoelectric acoustic sensors for voice recognition, thermal image sensors for building automation and occupancy detection, 4D LiDAR for in-depth object position and motion detection, novel wireless sensors for monitoring moisture intrusion and skin sensor for monitoring hydrocephalus.
Sensor TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global sensor-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Innovations are directed toward developing smart and intelligent sensors with functionalities beyond sensing.
Research focus areas include: low power sensors (energy harvesting), industrial automation sensors (M2M, vision sensor), ubiquitous sensor (WSN, sensor fusion), smart sensors (wearables, quantified self), high sensitivity and smaller size (MEMS, nanosensors), and improved security (CBRNE, terahertz). The need for low power, smaller, lighter sensors with enhanced performance attributes and minimal false alarms is driving innovations in the sensors space.
The Sensors and Instrumentation cluster covers innovations pertaining to technologies such as wireless sensors and networks, energy harvesting, haptics and touch, MEMS and nanosensors, Terahertz, ubiquitous/smart sensors, CBRNE, quantified-self, sensor fusion, M2M communications, and drones.
1. Innovations in Piezoelectric Acoustic Sensors, Thermal Image Sensors, LiDAR Sensors, Wireless Sensors, and Skin Sensors
- Recent Developments in Sensor Technology
- Novel Piezoelectric Acoustic Sensors for Voice Recognition
- Thermal Image Sensors for Building Automation and Occupancy Detection
- 4D LiDAR for In-depth Object Position and Motion Detection
- Novel Wireless Sensors for Monitoring Moisture Intrusion
- Skin Sensor for Monitoring Hydrocephalus
- Industry Contacts