This Microelectronics TOE profiles developments in system-on-a-chip, voice-dedicated AI chips, microchip spectrometers, smart antenna, and silicon photonics. Innovations include voice-dedicated AI chip that enables smart speaker technology, SoC that enables speech and voice recognition capabilities, microchip spectrometers with high performance and low power consumption, adaptive array antenna that can enable 5G communication for mobile broadband, and silicon photonics-based integrated modulator/receiver assembly that enables high-speed communication.
The Microelectronics TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) captures global electronics-related innovations and developments on a weekly basis. Developments are centred on electronics attributed by low power and cost, smaller size, better viewing, display and interface facilities, wireless connectivity, higher memory capacity, flexibility and wearables. Research focus themes include small footprint lightweight devices (CNTs, graphene), smart monitoring and control (touch and haptics), energy efficiency (LEDs, OLEDs, power and thermal management, energy harvesting), and high speed and improved conductivity devices (SiC, GaN, GaAs).
Miniaturization, a move toward lower power consumption, and the need for enhanced features are driving innovations in the electronics sector. Technology focus areas include semiconductor manufacturing and design, flexible electronics, 3D integration/IC, MEMS and NEMS, solid state lighting, advanced displays, nanoelectronics, wearable electronics, brain computer interface, advanced displays, near field communication, and next generation data storage or memory
Table of Contents
1. Advancements in System-on-a-chip, Voice-dedicated AI Chips, Microchip Spectrometers, Smart Antenna, and Silicon Photonics
- Voice-dedicated AI Chip Enables Smart Speaker Technology
- SoC that Enables Speech and Voice Recognition Capabilities
- Microchip Spectrometers with High Performance and Low Power Consumption
- Adaptive Array Antenna that can Enable 5G Communication for Mobile Broadband
- Silicon Photonics-based Integrated Modulator/Receiver Assembly Enables High-speed Communication
- Industry Contacts