"Cigarettes in the Dominican Republic, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Dominican market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The market for cigarettes in the Dominican Republic is characterized by long-term decline. Rising prices are the main reason, although pre-tax purchasing has led to some increases prior to tax rises being introduced. A 36% fall in sales occurred in 2007 following a major tax increase, with a further drop in 2009 (9.5%) as tax-induced price rises hit the market again. Since 2011, further tax rises have brought another round of falls with volumes down by 19.2% in 2012 and by 27.1% in 2013. More recently, a 16.3% rise in sales in 2015, ahead of a tax increase, was followed by a 19.5% fall in 2016. As a result of such developments, duty paid consumption stood down at 1,480 million pieces in 2017 or 30.8% of its level in 1990. Per capita sales in 2017 were estimated at 138 pieces per year compared with 678 pieces in 1990.
- The non-duty paid sector is now a major feature of the market and has been boosted by successive price rises. From only 10 million pieces or 0.4% of total sales in 2009, it grew to a forecast 500 million pieces or 25.3% of the total market in 2017.
- Total duty paid volumes is forecasted to remain depressed and by the end of 2027, it will be 23% ahead of 2017 levels at 1,820 million pieces. Per capita consumption is set to increase by 10.7% between 2017 and 2027 to 153 pieces.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About Us
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non Duty Paid Sales, 2009-2017, Million Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 4: Retail Sales of Cigarettes, 1993-2016
Table 5: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
Table 6: Market Breakdown: Blond v Dark Cigarettes, 2000-2016, % Volume
Table 7: Market Breakdown: Filter v Plain Cigarettes, 2005-2016, % Volume
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2017
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, %, 2000-2017
Table 10: Brand Family Shares, 2004-2011, %
Table 11: Cigarette Price Per Pack, 1998-2011
Table 12: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
Table 13: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 14: Cigarette Imports, 2004-2014
Table 15: Cigarette Imports, 2004-2016
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin (2007-2016), Million Pieces
Table 17: Imports by Country of Origin (2007-2016), %
Table 18: Exports of Cigarettes, 2000-2009
Table 19: Cigarette Imports, 2000-2016
Table 20: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2007-2016
Table 21: Exports by Country of Destination, %, 2007-2016
Table 22: Company profile: Philip Morris Dominicana SA(1)
Table 23: Company profile: La Tabacalera C por A (formerly Compañia Anonima Tabacalera)
Table 24: Consumption Forecasts to 2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: At a glance