Climate Change and Agricultural Ecosystems explains the causative factors of climate change related to agriculture, soil and plants, and discusses the relevant resulting mitigation process.
Agricultural ecosystems include factors from the surrounding areas where agriculture experiences direct or indirect interaction with the plants, animals and microbes present. Changes in climatic conditions influence all the factors of agricultural ecosystems, which can potentially adversely affect their productivity. To fully understand the impact of climate change, attention must be focused on the unexplored causative agents and mitigating factors. This book summarizes the different aspects of vulnerability, adaptation and amelioration of climate change in respect to plants, crops, soil and microbes for the sustainability of the agricultural sector and, ultimately, food security for the future. It also focuses on the utilization of information technology for the sustainability of the agricultural sector along with the capacity and adaptability of agricultural societies under climate change.
- Covers the impact of climate change on agricultural ecosystems including vulnerability, adaptation and mitigation for sustainable agriculture
- Focuses on issues related to plant systems, agriculture and microbes
- Explores the effects of greenhouse gases on plant metabolites, soil respiration, and microbial biomass
2. Agrochemicals: Harmful and beneficial effects under climate changing scenarios
3. Plants adaptation to climate change: An insight to secondary metabolism
4. Impact of xenobiotics and heavy metals on Agriculture and climate change
5. Climate change and soil dynamics: Effects on soil microbes and fertility of soil
6. Impact of climate change on plants-microbe interaction under agro ecosystem
7. Medicinal plants under climate change: Impacts on pharmaceutical properties of plants
8. Air pollution: Role in climate change and its impact on crop plants
9. Sustainable agricultural practices under climate changing scenarios
10. Cyanobacteria and their role under elevated CO2 conditions
11. Climatic resilient agriculture using plant growth promoting microrganisms
12. Role of bioinformatics in sustainability of Agriculture/ Agroecosystem
13. Developing adaptive capability of agricultural societies in the context of climate change.
Dr. Krishna Kumar Choudhary is Assistant Professor in the Department of Plant Sciences, School of Basic and Applied Sciences, Central University of Punjab, Bathinda, India. After completing his Ph.D. in Botany from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India, Dr. Choudhary has worked as Visiting Scientist, Institute of Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Research Organisation, Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Israel. Potential of his research is evidenced by the high quality publications in some of the best journals of Botany, Environmental and Agricultural sciences such as Environmental and Experimental Botany, Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, Archives of Agronomy and Soil Sciences, Photochemistry and Photobiology etc. along with book chapters. He has received awards for best presentation at both national and international conferences. He is also Review Editor (Environmental Toxicology) of Frontiers in Environmental Science.
Samuel Zimmerman is the US Department of Transportation's former Director of Planning and the World Bank's former Senior Urban Transport Specialist. He spent 28 years at the US Department of Transportation and eight years as VP for Urban Transport Planning at AECOM, one of the world's largest transport consulting firms, and spent 19 years as an Adjunct Professor at three Washington-area universities. He's written numerous publications and has Master's degrees in Civil Engineering from Cornell University.
Singh, Amit Kishore
Dr. Amit Kishore Singh is an Assistant Professor (permanent position) in Post-graduate College, Reabareli, India. After completing the doctoral thesis he gained 1.5 years post-doc experience from Agricultural Research Organization, Israel. He has more than eight years of research experience and published research articles in reputed journals like BMC Microbiology, Microbial Ecology, Journal of Applied Microbiology, 3 Biotech and many more in pipeline. In addition, he has contributed chapters in publications from various publishers.