Middle-East and Africa adhesives and sealants market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4.5% during the forecast period. The demand for adhesives and sealants is extensively driven by the growing demand from construction industry and increasing healthcare infrastructure. However, the market growth is likely to be hindered by the stringent VOC emissions regulations related to adhesives and sealants.
- In the studied market, water-borne dominates the adhesive technology segment. However, reactive segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the region during the forecast period.
- The innovation and development of bio-based adhesives and shifting focus toward adhesive bonding for composite materials are likely to offer opportunities for the adhesives and sealants market in the region.
- Saudi Arabia stands to be the largest market for adhesive and sealants in the region, where consumption is majorly driven by the end-user industries, such as construction, healthcare, and packaging.
Key Market Trends
Building and Construction Industry to Drive the Market Demand
- Adhesives and sealants, owing to their characteristics and physical properties, have extensive use in the building and construction industry, which makes it the dominant end-user segment in adhesives and sealants market.
- Some of the properties of adhesives and sealants include good cohesion, adhesion and elasticity, high cohesive strength, flexibility, high elastic modulus of substrate, resistance from thermal expansion, and environmental resistance from UV light, corrosion, saltwater, rain, and other weathering conditions.
- They are being used in several applications, like heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), concrete, joint cement, resilient flooring, roofing, fixed window frames, etc.
- Growing construction activities in countries, such as Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, South Africa and Kuwait have been driving the consumption of adhesives and sealants market in the region.
Saudi Arabia to Dominate the Market
- Saudi Arabia dominates the consumption of adhesives and sealants in the region. Growing construction activities, increasing consumption in packaging industry and growing number of hospitals are some of the key factors driving the consumption of adhesives and sealants in the country.
- High dependency on packaged consumerist goods, in the food segment, like microwave food, snack foods, and frozen foods, etc., the packaging material demand remains high in the country.
- Another factor driving the flexible packaging sector in Saudi Arabia is the increasing demand from the pharmaceutical industry. The innovations in the packaging sector (for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals) are supporting the consumption of adhesives in the country.
- The country is embarking a large number of residential and commercial projects which is expected to increase the demand for adhesives and sealant for construction applications. Besides, there are numerous construction projects (including construction of hotels, hospitals, entertainment city, etc.) in line for development.
- Hence, all such trends are expected to drive the growth of adhesives and sealants market in the country over the forecast period.
The Middle-East and Africa adhesives and sealants market is a fragmented market. Some of the key players in the market includes 3M, Arkema Group, Sika AG, H.B. Fuller, and Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, amongst others.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Scope of the Report
4.1.1 Increasing Construction Activities
4.1.2 Growing Healthcare Industry
4.2.1 Stringent Environmental Regulations Regarding VOC Emissions
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value-chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
126.96.36.199 Polyvinyl Acetate (PVA) Emulsion
188.8.131.52 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) Emulsion
184.108.40.206 Polyurethane Dispersion and CR (Chloroprene Rubber) Latex
220.127.116.11 Other Water-borne Adhesives
18.104.22.168 Chloroprene Rubber
22.214.171.124 Poly Acrylate (PA)
126.96.36.199 Styrenic Block Copolymers
188.8.131.52 Other Solvent-borne Adhesives
184.108.40.206 Modified Acrylic
220.127.116.11 Other Reactive Adhesives
5.1.4 Hot Melt
18.104.22.168 Ethylene Vinyl Acetate
22.214.171.124 Styrenic Block Copolymers
126.96.36.199 Thermoplastic Polyurethane
188.8.131.52 Other Hot Melt Adhesives
5.1.5 Other Technologies
5.2 Sealant Product Type
5.2.4 Polyvinyl Acetate
5.2.5 Other Sealant Product Types
5.3 End-user Industry
5.3.1 Building and Construction
5.3.2 Paper, Board, and Packaging
5.3.4 Woodworking and Joinery
5.3.5 Footwear and Leather
5.3.7 Electrical and Electronics
5.3.8 Other End-user Industries
5.4.1 Saudi Arabia
5.4.2 United Arab Emirates
5.4.5 South Africa
5.4.6 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.2 Arkema Group
6.4.3 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.4.4 Beardow Adams
6.4.7 Dymax Corporation
6.4.8 H.B. Fuller Company
6.4.9 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.10 Huntsman International LLC
6.4.11 ITW Performance Polymers (Illinois Tool Works Inc.)
6.4.12 Jowat AG
6.4.13 Norcros PLC
6.4.14 Mapei Inc.
6.4.15 Tesa SE (A Beiersdorf Company)
6.4.16 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
6.4.17 Sika AG
6.4.18 Star UAE
6.4.19 Voelkel Industrial Products LLC
6.4.20 Wacker Chemie AG
6.4.21 XCHEM International LLC
7.2 Shifting Focus Toward Adhesive Bonding for Composite Materials