"Cigarettes in Costa Rica, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Costa Rican market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Costa Rica is a relatively small market for cigarettes with legitimate sales of 1.5 billion pieces in 2017, which is 27.1% down its levels in 1990. In per capita terms, consumption is moderate to low at 310 pieces per person in 2017, while per capita sales have fallen by 55.4% since 1990. There is a growing non-duty paid market, which amounts to a further 445 million pieces, bringing total annual sales to approximately two billion pieces.
- Following the closure of BAT's manufacturing facility in Costa Rica in 2000, the company transferred production to its subsidiary in Honduras.
- Taxation has been a key tool for the authorities to reduce tobacco consumption. There is now reported to be a sizeable, but largely unquantified, sector comprising non-duty paid cigarettes, with this seeming to be taking a growing percentage of sales from the legitimate sector.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About the Publisher
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 2: Duty Paid vs. Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2011-2017, Million Pieces
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 4: Market Segmentation by Blend, 2000-2012, Million Pieces
Table 5: Market Segmentation by Blend, 2000-2012, % (Percentage Share)
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2000-2017, Million Pieces
Table 7: Manufacturer Market Shares, 2000-2017, % Percentage of share
Table 8: Summary of Cigarette Taxes, 2018
Table 9: Index of Cigarette Prices, July 2006 - September 2014
Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
Table 11: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 12: Cigarette Production, 1990-2016
Table 13: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, Million Pieces
Table 14: Imports by Country of Origin, Volume, 2007-2017, % Breakdown
Table 15: Cigarette Exports, 2000-2017
Table 16: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2011-2017, Million Pieces
Table 17: Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2011-2017, % of Percentage Share
Table 18: Company Profile: Tabacalera Costarricense SA
Table 19: Company Profile: British American Tobacco Central America
Table 20: Consumption Forecasts, 2017-2027
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: At a Glance 43