European Flavor and Fragrance Market Dynamics
Food choices are endless with expanding consumer base and changing consumer preferences, and flavor trends are expected to represent the most significant opportunities in the food and beverage sector. Driven by wellness and personalization, the current flavor trends in Europe include home-inspired flavors and spices, which are considered as healthier options, and the usage of flavors as functional foods to promote mental and physical health. Technology is forming an association between companies and consumers. Companies are adopting strategies, like recipe-boxes and the personalized combination of flavors.
European Flavor and Fragrance Market Segmentation
Sweet and fruit flavors are leading the market, followed by industrial seasonings/herbs/spice, and flavoring materials and extracts. Savory, marinades, rubs and glazes, and ready-to-use sauces are also very popular.
European Flavor and Fragrance Market Regional Analysis
In the European market, beverage occupies around 31% of the share, snack and confectionery 14%, meat and savory 12%, bakery 13%, and culinary 5%, among others. Europe is a mature market and has several regulatory bodies to regulate the use of food flavors while taking care of the consumers. Germany constitutes the major share of 24%, followed by the United Kingdom (23%), Spain (10%), the Netherlands (5%), and Italy (9%).
Key Developments in the Market
- Dec 2017 - Frutarom Industries Ltd acquired the Polish Flavors & Fragrances Company Pollena-Aroma. Pollena-Aroma holds a leading position in Poland’s flavor and fragrance market. The acquisition was made to implement Frutarom’s strategy to develop global activity in fragrances, with emphasis on high-growth emerging markets.
Major Players: European Flavours & Fragrances PLC, Cargill Inc., Givaudan, Firmenich, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., Takasago International Corporation, Corbion Purac, Brenntag Pacific Inc., Kerry Group, Dupont- Danisco, and D.D. Williamson & Co. Inc., among others.
The market share of multinationals has decreased due to the rise of smaller, innovative and local brands in the market. These brands are focused on added value, including organic and eco-friendly, which challenges the larger companies to differentiate themselves.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing the outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Study
2. Europe Flavour and Fragrance Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Europe Flavour and Fragrance Market Dynamics
4. Europe Flavour and Fragrance Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
188.8.131.52 Savory & Snacks
184.108.40.206 Dairy Products
220.127.116.11 Air fresheners
18.104.22.168 Fine Fragrances
4.2 By Source
5. Flavour and Fragrance Market Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2018-2023)
5.1 Europe Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.1 United Kingdom Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.2 Germany Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.3 Spain Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.4 Russia Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.5 Italy Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.6 France Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.5 Rest of Europe Flavour and Fragrance Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Europe Flavour and Fragrance Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 European Flavours & Fragrances Plc.
7.2 Cargill Inc
7.3 Givaudan SA
7.4 Firmenich SA
7.5 International Flavors & Fragrances Inc
7.6 Takasago International Corporation
7.7 Corbion Purac
7.8 Brenntag Pacific Inc
7.9 Kerry Group
7.10 Dupont- Danisco
7.11 D.D. Williamson & Co. Inc.
- European Flavours & Fragrances Plc.
- Cargill Inc
- Givaudan SA
- Firmenich SA
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc
- Takasago International Corporation
- Corbion Purac
- Brenntag Pacific Inc
- Kerry Group
- Dupont- Danisco
- D.D. Williamson & Co. Inc.