Another reason triggering the demand for halal products in the European region is the opportunity for halal to serve the organic food market. In most of the European countries, there is an increasing interest in consumption of organic and natural food products, which represents a strong adjacent market for halal food products to address.
With the rising tourism sector in Europe year-on-year, the demand for halal food is poised to grow in the region. For instance, in Italy there are four million halal food eaters and the number will increase in the future, with the increase of the halal certified food offerings in hotels, restaurants, vacation resorts, etc. Since ethnic French or Italian dish can also be halal, it will be a good opportunity for companies to produce traditional dishes that also meet halal standard, so as to serve the global tourist with their taste and preference. Halal International Authority Granted Halal (HIAGL) certified to about 500 Italian companies.
Europe Halal Food and Beverages Market Segmentation
The Europe Halal Food and Beverages market is segmented, based on type, such that into halal foods, halal drinks, halal supplements. Moreover, the market, based on distribution channel, is segmented into hypermarket/supermarket, convenience stores, online channel and among others.Halal food products are not confined to meat and poultry, they also include other food items, such as confectionary, canned and frozen food, dairy produce, bakery products, organic food, beverages, and herbal products.
The halal market has witnessed a universal shift in the demand and supply chains of halal food products. They are increasingly made available in Western-style grocery stores including supermarkets and hypermarket chains, which have a strong presence in the majority of European countries. In Europe, supermarkets and food producers are starting to reach out to Muslim and non-Muslim consumers by offering a wider selection of halal food products.
Europe is also a leading region for halal nutraceuticals and vaccines; France is a major market for certified dietary supplements that are derived from halal food sources to produce minerals, vitamins, herbs, amino acids and botanicals. They are processed in separate manufacturing units to avoid cross contamination. Thus, increasing the viability of overall halal products in Europe.
Europe Halal Food and Beverages Market-Regional Analysis
Halal food and beverages in the European region has been segmented as per geography into major countries such as Spain, United Kingdom, France, Russia and Italy and other European countries. The UAE, Malaysia and Indonesia are the largest export market for Europe’s halal-certified food products. In the continent, the biggest consumers in Europe are France and the UK. The HFCE (Halal Food Council of Europe) has certified over 400 European food companies. This is expected to bring halal into the global mainstream. As the dynamics within the Muslim world change and globalization trends continue to shape consumers’ tastes, habit, and spending patterns across the world, the halal-based foods and beverages acceptance is poised to grow in Europe during the forecasted period.
Europe Halal Food and Beverages Market Competitive Landscape
Some of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of the Halal Food and Beverages in the Europe are Nestle S.A., Cargill, Namet Gida, and others. The major manufacturers in the halal food and beverages are continuously exploring different sources and advanced technologies to provide safe, affordable, and efficient halal food and beverages, which can give a balanced diet to its consumers, along with-it pure food & beverage products. Since halal food acceptance is increasingly becoming a part of the Western diet and has become a billion-dollar global industry, involving multinationals, Unilever, and Nestlé who have aggressively expanded their halal-certified product lines.
Major Players: Unilever, Nestle S.A., Cargill, Namet Gida, Midamar, Banvit Meat and Poultry, Carrefour, BRF S.A., Tahira Food and among others
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst supports along with the Market Estimates sheet (in Excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. Europe Halal Food & Beverages Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Europe Halal Food & Beverages Market Dynamics
4. Europe Halal Food & Beverages Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Halal Foods
4.1.2 Halal Drinks
4.1.3 Halal Supplements
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.2 Convenience Stores
4.2.3 Online Channel
5. Europe Halal Food & Beverages Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2015-2023)
5.1 Spain Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.2 United Kingdom Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.3 France Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.4 Germany Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.5 Russia Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.6 Italy Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.7 Rest of Europe Halal Food & Beverages Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Europe Halal Food & Beverages Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Europe Halal Food & Beverages Company Profiles
7.1 Nestle S.A.
7.3 Namet Gida
7.5 Banvit Meat and Poultry
7.7 BRF S.A.
7.8 Tahira Food
*The list is not exhaustive