Asia-Pacific Fruit and Vegetable Ingredient Market Dynamics
The growing health consciousness is enabling the Asians consumers not to compromise on the safety of the food and beverage they consume. This is enabling them to spend more on healthy food, rather than on artificial food with flavors, colors, and preservatives, thereby increasing their expenditure levels on the fruit and vegetable ingredients. The another major factor which will drive the fruit and vegetable ingredient market in Asia-Pacific region is rising adoption of vegan lifestyle and growing realization of crucial role of fruits & vegetables in disease prevention is also expected to accelerate the market growth. These trends in turn is leading to an increased demand for fruit and vegetables ingredients in the region.
Expanding opportunities in the Asian-Pacific fruit and vegetable ingredient market is leading to product innovation, with the increasing use of these extracts as base ingredients in variety of products. Such unique flavor combinations, for example, made from the berry family, in the preparation of jams has been an exemplary development in the packaged food industry. Fruit and vegetable concentrates also allow for high scope of innovation among ready-to-eat/drink beverages and baby food products, due to the proactive efforts of the key players in the Asian-Pacific market.
The claim of the companies to serve natural products is thus not fulfilled, as natural fruits and vegetables extracts cannot provide great shelf life. This maintenance of higher shelf life is still a big challenge for the demand of natural fruit and vegetable ingredients in Asian-Pacific countries. Since, cold storages are scarcely available in Asia-Pacific region particularly in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, it is posing a restraint in the production of fruit and vegetable ingredients, which, in turn, increases the prices of these products.
Asia-Pacific Fruit and Vegetable Ingredient Market Segmentation
The Asia-Pacific fruit and vegetable ingredient market is segmented on the basis of ingredient type (fruit and vegetables), product type (concentrates, pastes and purees, pieces and powders NFC juices), and application (beverages, confectionery products, bakery products, soups and sauces, dairy products, R.T.E. product). The demand for fruit and vegetable ingredient market has witnessed a surge, owing to the consumer preference for natural ingredients in the Asian food industry. Clean label products are the new trend among Asian consumers, (which is mostly comprised of the younger generation and the health-conscious population) as they are highly concerned about the long-term effects of the ingredients they are consuming in terms of nutrition content and its health impact.
There has been increasing consumption of juices by the Asian consumer particularly during their breakfast time. Generally, fruit juices are prepared from juice concentrates. However, several juice manufacturers have now started using concentrates in fruit juices, for a smooth blend, and to increase the thickness of the product. This trend applies especially to the preparation of puree made from exotic fruits, like apple, orange and others.
Asia-Pacific Fruit and Vegetable Ingredient Market-Regional Analysis
The Asian-Pacific fruit and vegetable ingredient market is segmented on the basis of the following countries such that China, Japan, India, Australia and other Asian-Pacific countries.
China is one of the leading countries manufacturing fruit and vegetable ingredients in Asia-Pacific region, with advanced food processing technologies, which helps it produce fruits and vegetable ingredients at low cost and high quality. This makes China one of the largest suppliers of fruit and vegetable ingredients across the world. In line with the Chinese government’s health and wellness campaign on ‘big health’, companies, like Cargill, is taking a positive approach toward food safety measures in its production process.
It is observed that the Indian consumers prefer local fruit and vegetable taste in their food products. Thus, fruit and vegetable ingredient companies in India are introducing domestically produced Alphonso mango puree, which has wide application in fruit beverages, yoghurt, smoothies, ice-creams, bakery products, among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2013 - Olam Spices & Vegetable Ingredients (Olam SVI) launched its Innovation and Quality (IQ) center at its headquarters in Fresno, Calif, by consolidating its R&D teams for dehydrated vegetables, frozen vegetables, tomato products, and spices, in one central location.
Some of the leading manufacturers and suppliers of the fruit and vegetable ingredient in the Asia-Pacific are Cargill Incorporated, Olam International and Natural Ingredients. The major companies in the Asia-Pacific fruit and vegetable ingredient market are majorly focused on innovative product launches to cater to the increasing demand of end users and end-user industries for tailored formulations, using farm fresh fruits and vegetables.
Major Players: Sunopta, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Frutarom, Sensient Technologies Corporation, Cargill Incorporated, Symrise, Natural Ingredients, Olam International, Dohler, Juremont Pty Ltd and among others
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst supports along with the Market Estimates sheet (in Excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Dynamics
4. Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredient Type
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.2 Pastes and Purees
4.2.3 Pieces and Powders
4.2.4 NFC Juices
4.3 By Application
4.3.2 Confectionery Products
4.3.3 Bakery Products
4.3.4 Soups and Sauces
4.3.5 Dairy Products
4.3.6 R.T.E Products
5. Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2015-2023)
5.1 China Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.2 Japan Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.3 India Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.4 Australia Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Asia-Pacific Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Company Profiles
7.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.4 Sensient Technologies Corporation
7.5 Cargill Incorporated
7.7 Natural Ingredients
7.8 Olam International
7.10 Juremont Pty Ltd
*The list is not exhaustive