Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Dynamics
Food ingredients, like tomato puree, garlic and ginger paste, and fruit and vegetable colors that are used in the preparation of snack foods, fresh and dried fruit, vegetables, seafood, cereals, sauces, salad dressings, confectionery products, dips, have good growth prospects in Europe. The demand for ingredients sourced from fruits and vegetables, like avocadoes, berries, mangoes, etc., is high in Europe, as they form an important part of the local cuisines. Moreover, there is an increased consumer preference for freeze-dried and frozen fruit and vegetable ingredients, with increasing awareness about its higher nutritional value among consumers. Under this category, organic ingredients also have lucrative prospects, provided they follow the organic regulations of European Union. However, factors such as seasonal variations and production of raw materials and stringent food safety regulations are restraining the growth fruit & vegetable ingredient market in Europe.
Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Segmentation
On the basis of ingredients, fruit & vegetable ingredient market in Europe is dominated by the fruit ingredient segment, owing to high nutritional values, natural flavors, and high preference in children food. The inclusion of natural fruit extracts in food and beverage has helped the rise in demand for instant baby food products, and it is expected to be the key driver for the growth of the fruit segment during the forecast period.
On the basis of product, fruit & vegetable ingredient market in Europe is dominated by the fruit and vegetable concentrates segment. Concentrates have major application in beverages and dairy industries, where it is used for RTE drinks, frozen dessert, and ice cream.
On the basis of application, fruit & vegetable ingredient market in Europe is dominated by the beverages segment, as consumers are opting for healthy drinks with natural ingredients.
Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Regional Market Analysis
The major contributing countries in European market are Germany, the UK, France, Russia, and Italy. Advancement in food technologies and exports of end food products have all contributed to the increase demand for fruit and vegetable ingredients in European countries. Moreover, there is growth in the indulgent categories, like confections, accompanied by the value-addition with fruit-based ingredients that not only improvise taste and textural attributes but also provide nutritional enhancement
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Frutarom announced the launch of “Frutaceuticals”, prepared from fruit-claiming to deliver texture, and taste of fruits chews
- October 2016 - Sunopta entered into an agreement with Oaktree Capital Management, LP for funds in the form of exchangeable preferred shares worth USD 85 million
Major Players: Frutarom, Archer Daniels Midland Company, Döhler, SunOpta, Cargill Incorporated, Sensient Technologies Corporation, AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG, Olam International, European Freeze Dry Ltd, Symrise, and Royal Cosun.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analysis of the future outlook of the market with recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional- and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that influence the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months of analyst support, along with the market estimates sheet (in Excel).
- This report may be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Dynamics
4. Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredient Type
4.2 By Product Type
4.2.2 Pastes and Purees
4.2.3 Pieces and Powders
4.2.4 NFC Juices
4.3 By Application
4.3.2 Confectionery Products
4.3.3 Bakery Products
4.3.4 Soups and Sauces
4.3.5 Dairy Products
4.3.6 RTE Products
5. Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2015-2023)
5.1 Spain Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.2 United Kingdom Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.3 France Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.4 Germany Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.5 Russia Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.6 Italy Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.7 Rest of Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Europe Fruit & Vegetable Ingredient Company Profiles
7.2 Archer Daniels Midland Company
7.5 Cargill Incorporated
7.6 Sensient Technologies Corporation
7.7 AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
7.8 Olam International
7.9 European Freeze Dry Ltd
7.11 Royal Cosun
*The list is not exhaustive
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Cargill Incorporated
- Sensient Technologies Corporation
- AGRANA Beteiligungs-AG
- Olam International
- European Freeze Dry Ltd
- Royal Cosun