Surge in number of Start-Ups and Home Offices to Drive Office Furniture Market
Rise in the number of start-ups is one of the major drivers for office furniture market globally. These start-ups are supported by government in terms of capital expansions and bridging mentors and entrepreneurs. In addition, government are also launching several programs to boost start-ups by introducing favorable policies, which in turn, will increase the number of start-ups globally, subsequently driving the growth of the office furniture market globally.
The demand for home office furniture has also increased worldwide, especially in the United States and European countries. Thus, with the rise in home office and work from home concept, demand for desktop chairs and tables will increase in the years to come. Moreover, vendors are introducing multi-functional furniture so that consumer can use these furniture for other purposes.
Expansion in Product Offerings to Gain Competitive Advantage in Office Furniture Market
Office furniture market is characterized by various brands and their value propositions. Increased focus on work aesthetics have fueled demand for office furniture globally. The key players in the market are developing new designs to create product differentiation with changing preferences of customers. Moreover, (ready-to-assemble) RTA furniture is also gaining popularity for its ease of use and convenience. Thus, vendors are introducing high quality office furniture that enhance comfort, utilize space efficiently, and enable employee collaboration.
Increase in Sales of Office Furniture through Online Stores
In the past years, online spending by customers have rose significantly. Most vendors are adopting online retail strategies to reduce cost and increase their profit margins. Moreover, there’s a rise in the number of online furniture stores as to reduce the need of rental space and inventory. Amazon.com and Wayfair are some of the leading online retailers for office furniture. The growth opportunity for the sales of office furniture through online channel have forced online retailers to improve purchase processes in terms of security and reliability, which, in turn, has propelled the demand for office furniture. Some of the policies that encourage consumers to purchase online includes secured transactions, cash on delivery options, convenient return policies, integrated and centralized customer service.
Asia-Pacific to Witness Strong Growth in Office Furniture Market
Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region in the global office furniture market. China, Japan, Australia and India are the top contributing countries in the region. Many key players in furniture market are entering into partnerships with the e-commerce retail stores in order to strengthen their distribution network. Demand for office furniture has also increased with exponential rise in number of commercial properties along with the number of employment in service sector.
Key Developments in the Market
- 2016 - Steelcase launched Brody WorkLounge with better comfort and support. The furntiture is specially designed to cut out distractions and maximize concentration on work.
- 2015 - Okamura Corporation launched Swift-height-adjustable table.
Major Players: Steelcase Inc., Okamura Corporation., Hni Corporation, Herman Miller, Inc., Haworth Inc., Knoll, Inc., Kokuyo Co.,Ltd., Meridian Office Group, Kimball International, 9to5 Seating, Berco Designs, Afc System, Kinnarps Ab, Stellar Global Furniture, Ofgo, and Sedus Stoll Ag.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst supports, along with the Market Estimates sheet (in Excel).
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Study Assumptions
1.4 Research Phases
2. Office Furniture Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Office Furniture Market Dynamics
4. Office Furniture Market Segmentation
4.1.2 Modular Furniture
4.1.2 Desks & Tables
4.1.3 Other Office Furniture
4.2 Distribution Channel
4.2.1 Offline Retail Stores
4.2.2 Online Retail Stores
4.3.1 Commercial Office Furniture
4.3.2 Home Office Furniture
5. Office Furniture Market By Geography
5.1 North America Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.1 US Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.2 Canada Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.3 Mexico Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.4 Rest of North America Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2 Europe Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.1 Spain Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.2 UK Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.3 Germany Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.4 France Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.5 Italy Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.6 Russia Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.2.7 Rest of Europe Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.3 Asia-Pacific Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.3.1 China Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.3.2 Japan Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.3.3 India Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.3.4 Australia Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.4 South America Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.4.1 Brazil Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.4.2 Argentina Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.4.3 Rest of South America Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.5 Middle East & South Africa Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.5.1 South Africa Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.5.2 Saudi Arabia Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
5.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa Office Furniture Market Size (2018-2023)
6. Office Furniture Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Steelcase Inc.
7.2 OKAMURA CORPORATION.
7.3 HNI Corporation
7.4 Herman Miller, Inc.
7.5 Haworth Inc.
7.6 Knoll, Inc.
7.7 KOKUYO Co.,Ltd.
7.8 Meridian Office Group
7.9 Kimball International
7.10 9to5 Seating
7.11 BERCO DESIGNS
#list isn't exhaustive