The shift in business priorities has led to the sales of craft alcohol, especially in the beer segment in the North American alcoholic beverage market. The premium liquor segment is also growing, particularly in darker spirits, like whiskey. Whiskey’s simplified and streamlined flavor profiles are being infused with natural ingredients, like honey, which is what consumers are preferring with the cyclical nature of spirit consumption. There is a growing preference for low alcohol by volume beverages and the sales of no-alcohol and low-alcohol beers have been rising with the growing interest from health-conscious consumers and a wider choice of new ranges with improved taste.
The American market is predominated by the beer category, as it is the most consumed beverage, followed by spirits. The largest sub-category of spirits consumed in America is vodka, followed by whiskey and miscellaneous specialty spirits.
Rum and vodka are among the worst performers, dropping in popularity due to over proliferation of flavors. The millennials are now the largest-living generation in the US. This demographic has shown great affinity toward craft beer and is highly receptive of new flavors, variety and labels, with a vast majority of them consuming craft beer on a weekly basis.
Regional Market Analysis
North America is one of the matured markets with minimal increase in market size. The spirit industry within the NAFTA (The North American Free Trade Agreement) countries had a total market value of USD 98,829.7 million in 2015. Mexico is the rapidly growing alcoholic beverage market in North America. In Canada, the maturity of the craft beer market varies from province to province. In Ontario, the craft beer sector has grown by more than 13 % annually, for last five years, generating USD 240 million in sales in 2015, according to the Ontario Brewers Association.
Key Developments in the Market
- Nov 2017 - Republic National Distributing Company LLC and Breakthru Beverage Group, announced a merger of their operations. The merger facilitated investments in technology that enhanced all aspects of their businesses, from supply chain management, customer and supplier connectivity, e-commerce, predictive analytics, digital marketing, data transparency, consumer experience, and operational efficiency.
Major Player - Diageo India, Heineken Holdings NV, Constellation Brands Inc., Kirin Holdings Company Limited, Bacardi Ltd, Corby Distilleries Ltd, Anheuser-Busch InBev, Kittling Ridge Estate Wines & Spirits, Boston Beer Co. Inc., and Beam Suntory Inc., among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. North America Alcoholic Beverage Market Insight
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. North America Alcoholic Beverage Market Dynamics
4. North America Alcoholic Beverage Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 On Trade
4.2.2 Off Trade
5. Alcoholic Beverage Market Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2018-2023)
5.1 North America Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.1 US Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.2 Canada Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.3 Mexico Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.4 Rest of North America Alcoholic Beverage Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. North America Alcoholic Beverage Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Company Profiles
7.1 Diageo India
7.2 Heineken Holdings NV
7.3 Constellation Brands Inc.
7.4 Kirin Holdings Company Limited
7.5 Bacardi Ltd
7.6 Corby Distilleries Ltd
7.7 Anheuser-Busch InBev
7.8 Kittling Ridge Estate Wines & Spirits
7.9 Boston Beer Co Inc
7.10 Beam Suntory Inc.
- Diageo India
- Heineken Holdings NV
- Constellation Brands Inc.
- Kirin Holdings Company Limited
- Bacardi Ltd
- Corby Distilleries Ltd
- Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Kittling Ridge Estate Wines & Spirits
- Boston Beer Co Inc
- Beam Suntory Inc.