For the baby food manufactures in Middle East and Africa, the competition is still at its infant stage due to the developing market. Therefore, the baby food market in Middle East and Africa is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.01% during the forecast period (2018-2023).
Middle East and Africa Baby Food Market Dynamics
The increasing population in the region mainly drives the Middle East and Africa infant/baby food market. In 2017, Africa was the second highest contributor to the world population with a share of 16.59%. South Africa and UAE are among the major economies in the Middle East and Africa. Growing disposable income in African countries have led to rise in affordability of baby food products, which have resulted I improved quality food from an infant stage.
Growth in the Middle East and Africa baby food/formula market is also being driven by the increasing number of migrants settling in UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Tanzania, and others for the employment purpose. Therefore, the number of women working outside the homes both in the high and low-income areas have also risen. Since working mothers return to their jobs shortly after giving birth, prepared baby foods and formulas, which can be instantly provided to the children, are proving to be an appealing alternative for working mothers, to feed their children with nutritious options.
Middle East and Africa Food Market Segmentation
The report segments the Middle East and African baby food market by type, distribution channel, and region. The baby food market, by type, is segmented as milk formula, dried baby food, prepared baby food and among others. By distribution channels, the market is segmented into hypermarket/supermarkets, convenience stores, drug/pharmacies, and others.
Middle East and Africa Food Market-Regional Analysis
The majority of the Middle East and African consumers base their buying decisions for purchasing of baby food on the bases of recommendation they get health care expert. Due to the increasing global working population in UAE and other prominent regions of Middle East, UAE is expected to drive the market with higher sales of baby food during the forecast period. With the developed retail landscape in the Middle Eastern countries, it is expected to be the highest point of sale for baby foods in the years to come.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017 - Holle Baby foods announced that that they will be launching their baby food in UAE with largest range of product lines in this market. The biggest biodynamic/Demeter certified baby range will be available at the nearest Organic Foods & Cafe store
Major Players: Nestle S.A., Abbott, The Baby Food Company, Saipro Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Orchard Baby Food, Bumbles Baby Food, Tiger Brands, Baby Tastes, Danon and among others
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst supports along with the Market Estimates sheet (in Excel).
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. Middle East and Africa Baby Food Market Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. Middle East and Africa Baby Food Market Dynamics
4. Middle East and Africa Baby Food Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Milk Formula
4.1.2 Dried Baby Food
4.1.3 Prepared Baby Food
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.3 Convenience Stores
5. Middle East and Africa Baby Food Regional Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size in USD million, 2015-2023)
5.1 South Africa Baby Food Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.2 UAE Baby Food Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa Baby Food Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. Middle East and Africa Baby Food Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most Adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. Middle East and Africa Baby Food Company Profiles
7.1 Nestle S.A.
7.3 The Baby Food Company
7.4 Saipro Biotech Pvt. Ltd.
7.5 Orchard Baby Food
7.6 Bumbles Baby Food
7.7 Tiger Brands
7.9 Baby Tastes
*The list is not exhaustive