The increase in disposable income, urbanization and modern standard of living have led to the higher consumption of beverage such as wines, tea n coffee. Along with it, they are attracting many diseases due to sedentary lifestyle such diabetes, cancer. So, all these factors are infusing the use of tannins in their product range because of their wholesome benefits.
Increasing Application of Tannins
Tannins are bitter, astringent polyphenol chemicals of plant origin that are capable of binding and shrinking proteins. Their astringent quality is what causes the pucker and dry feeling in the mouth after eating foods rich in this type of polyphenols or drinking tea and red wine. The presence of this type of quality often induces the consumer to drink more of a liquid substance. The plants containing tannin have astringent, hemostatic, antiseptic and toning properties and these types of tannins are called as hydrolysable tannin.
Wood tannins dissolve into wines through contact; most commonly this happens when the wine is stored in wooden barrels. Oak barrels are the most popular choice because of the flavor they add to wine such as vanillin. The rising disposable income and the willingness to pay a hefty sum for premium products such as wine is driving the tannin industry growth, thus benefitting the demand for wine application.
Leather tanning will be one of the significant factors that will have a positive impact on the use of tannin as it is considered to be the main component of the tanning process in leather. Vegetable tanning is gaining popularity because it is environment-friendly and can be easily recycled. They’re unique and have longer product life. Vegetable tanning is also used to produce colors that exhibit rich and warm tones. The demand for tannins will further grow due to the growth in the leather manufacturing industry in APAC, including emerging economies such as India and China which includes leather interiors in an automobile, apparels, shoes, bags and among others
With the increase of the infrastructure development in Asia-Pacific, particularly India, Indonesia, and China, the manufacturing process of wood adhesives involves the addition of tannin as an essential feedstock. The increasing consumer spending on building refurbishment, renovation and construction of new homes and office spaces is resulting in an increased demand for wood tannins adhesives.
Tannins are extensively used as a type of herbal preparations for treatment and medication for a body repair, for example, stopping small hemorrhages, sore throat, blood clotting, bronchitis, burns, and scars of the skin and bee bite.Tannins are considered antioxidants and prevent the onset of degenerative diseases such as HIV, Cancer and Cardiovascular disease.
Tannin Market Segmentation
By the application, the tannin market is led by the leather, wine, and health. Tannins are majorly used in the leather market for tanning. Since the applicability of leather is increasingly used in the automobiles, apparels, furnishing, etc. the market is bound to grow as leather is demanded by each age group as it adds to the richness feeling of the user.
Tannin Market Regional Analysis
Since the extraction of tannin is majorly done from the fruits, plants, and trees, thus the market will be dependent on those countries which have a high forest cover or tropical in nature. The countries in South America (like Brazil, Peru, Suriname, Venezuela and others), Africa (South Africa, Kenya, Uganda and others) and South East Asia (China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, and others) will be the crucial manufacturers of tannin for the end user manufactures of wine, leather, pharmaceuticals companies.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2016 - WWF-Brazil and Tanac SA have joined together in a cooperation aimed at biodiversity conservation and the promotion of the sustainable use of the natural resources of the Altantic Forest, through the project “Management, conservation and restoration of forests in the Mat Atlantica Biome. This association has come to develop a balancing act of vegetable extraction on tannins along with environmental protection.
- May 2018 - Rehap is working closely with the team at Bio Base Europe Pilot Plant (BBEPP) in Belgium. BBEPP is a flexible and diverse pilot and diverse pilot plant for the development and scale-up of new or existing bio-based and sustainable processes to an industrial level. The Rehap is also looking to upscale the hot-water extraction of tannins.
Tannin Market Competitive Landscape
Major Players: Laffort, Tannin Corporation, Tanac SA, Jyoti Dye Chem Agency, Maganlal Shivram & Co., Mimosa Extract Company, Polson Limited, Ever S.R.L., Forestal Mimosa Limited and Silva Team S.P.A.
These companies focus on the expansion of facilities and manufacturing processes, due to the growing demand for tannin in the manufacturing industry. Companies are actively involved in developing innovative products and environmental friendly extractions which will help in fulfilling its usage in various industries.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst supports along with the Market Estimates sheet (in Excel).
Customization of the Report
- Value chain analysis
- Consumer behavior analysis in country level
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
This product will be delivered within 2 business days.
Table of Contents
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Executive Summary
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Phases
3.2 Market Trends
4.1.1 High Adoption of Tannin by the End Users Such as Pharmaceuticals and Wine Manufacturer
4.1.2 Low Procurement Cost
4.2.1 Stringent Government Regulations
4.3.1 Medicinal Usage of Tannin
4.3.2 Growing Intake of Foods containing Natural Additives
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5.1.1 Hydrolysable (Pyrogallol-type tannin)
5.1.2 Non-Hydrolysable (Condensed)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Wine Production
5.2.4 Leather Processing
5.2.5 Wood Adhesives
6.1.1 United States
6.1.4 Rest of North America
6.2.1 United Kingdom
6.2.7 Rest of Europe
6.3.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8.2 Tannin Corporation
8.3 Tanac SA
8.4 Jyoti Dye Chem Agency
8.5 Maganlal Shivram & Co.
8.6 Mimosa Extract Company
8.7 Polson Limited
8.8 Ever S.R.L.
8.9 Forestal Mimosa Limited
8.10 Silva Team S.P.A.
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Tannin Corporation
- Tanac SA
- Jyoti Dye Chem Agency
- Maganlal Shivram & Co.
- Mimosa Extract Company
- Polson Limited
- Ever S.R.L.
- Forestal Mimosa Limited
- Silva Team S.P.A.