1h Free Analyst TimeData Centers and Utilities - Thematic Research
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Cloud computing, machine learning, augmented reality, internet TV, the Internet of Things, robotics, cryptocurrencies, voice, blockchain and cybersecurity. These are the big investment themes of tomorrow and they all have one thing in common: they generate huge amount of data.
Cisco estimates that the world generates 122 exabytes of internet data traffic per month. This data traffic is growing at 24% per annum and 82% of it is consumer generated. Most of this data traffic could be monetised via a rapidly growing band of hyperscale, internet-facing data centers around the world.
Inside this report, we look at the key players impacted by this theme, drilling down into the value chain and identifying winners and losers.
- This report analyses data center and utilities.
- The report highlights some of the global leaders and laggards in the data center industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- It analyses the main trends across the global data center industry.
- It identifies the role of power utilities in the data center industry.
- It provides an industry analysis of the data center sector and highlights its mergers and acquisitions and timeline.
- It identifies public and private companies at the forefront of data center equipment industry.
Reasons to Buy
- The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the present scenario and emerging market trends in the global data center industry.
- To gain insights of the global market leaders and challengers in the data center industry and where do they sit in the value chain.
- Extensive analysis of the role of power utilities in the data center sector.
- Major market players within the data center equipment industry are profiled in this report and their action plans are studied thoroughly, which aid in interpreting the competitive outlook of the data center sector.
Table of ContentsPLAYERS
Industry growth drivers
The Internet of Things, the cloud and AI are driving growth in the data center industry
The mobile revolution is spreading all the way up to the data center
Optimizing latency is the biggest challenge facing hyperscale data centers
The fireworks are largely at the software level…
Software defined networking could turn the networking industry upside down
Role of power utilities will reduce as data centers move towards merchant PPAs, captive power generation or microgrids
Mergers and acquisitions
Winners and Losers
Servers and storage
Data center operators
A brief history of networking
The OSI Model
APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Applied Optoelectronics
- Brocade Comms
- Citrix Systems
- Extreme Networks
- Juniper Networks
- Red Hat
- SK Hynix
- Viavi Solutions
- Western Digital