Blockchain is a distributed ledger technology that operates on peer-to-peer networks to facilitate transaction processing while reducing redundancies arising out of duplication, mismatching, and other accounting errors. The oil and gas industry has traditionally relied on paper-based transaction processing that is error-prone and bound to create inefficiencies leading to operational losses. Oil and gas companies have started adapting blockchain technology to suit their business workflow requirements in order to improve efficiency and target lower operational costs.
- The report provides impact of blockchain on the oil & gas industry.
- The report discusses how oil and gas industry is evolving itself to deploy blockchain within its operations.
- The report analyses how blockchain has the potential to drastically alter the workflow in the oil and gas industry and provide efficiency gains for the companies within the ecosystem.
- The report further highlights the importance of transaction processing in the day-to-day operations of oil and gas industry and how blockchain can help in revolutionizing the entire transaction processing process.
Reasons to Buy
- To understand the emerging trends and applications for blockchain in the oil and gas industry.
- To understand the case studies demonstrating how oil and gas companies are deploying blockchain to improve workflow management, eliminate errors and redundancies, and achieve operational cost savings.
- To know more about companies in the oil and gas sector, which have strong competitive position in the blockchain theme.
Table of ContentsPLAYERS
Blockchain use cases
Blockchain applications in oil & gas
DLT faces several fundamental technical challenges
What are the primary use cases for blockchain technology?
Market size and growth forecasts
Mergers and acquisitions
The ICO as a way to print free money
Notable ICO scams of 2017
IMPACT OF BLOCKCHAIN ON THE OIL & GAS INDUSTRY
Oil & Gas Case Studies
Financial services platforms
Oil & gas companies
Introducing blockchain and distributed ledger technology
Using cryptographic hashes to make ledgers tamper-proof
Distributing the ledger so that everyone can access it easily
Using blocks as a mechanism for co-ordinating transactions without requiring a single central point of control
How has blockchain technology developed over the last decade?
APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY