1h Free Analyst TimeRobotics in Oil & Gas - Thematic Research
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
Demand for robots is revving up at a fast pace, due to robots becoming progressively cheaper, smarter, more flexible and easier to train. This is making it easier for robots to infiltrate new industries and spawn new use cases at scale. The oil and gas industry has geared up to deploy robotics across a wide range of applications in the upstream, midstream, and downstream segments, primarily to drive productivity and efficiency amid volatility in crude prices. Robotics offers the potential to automate repetitive, yet critical, tasks in field operations, such as taking readings from instruments, cleaning, and inspecting assets for signs of corrosion or wear. Recent technological advancements are enabling operators to deploy robots in terrestrial, aerial, and underwater configurations to carry out tasks that may be too risky to be undertaken by field personnel. Moreover, robotics technology providers and oilfield service providers are devising new business models, such as Robotics-as-a-service (RaaS) to drive the deployment of these technologies in field operations and reduce uncertainty over the total cost of ownership of robots.
- The report analyses the impact of robotics as a theme on the oil & gas industry.
- Overview of robotics technology and its evolving prominence in industrial use cases, especially in the oil and gas industry.
- Detailed analysis of the role of robotics across the oil and gas value chain.
- A brief overview of the emerging application areas for robotics in oil and gas covered in this study.
Reasons to buy
- Understand the importance of robotics in the oil and gas industry amid increasing complexities in operations and sustained pricing pressure affecting profitability.
- Identify the key trends and applications for the robotics theme.
- Assessment of use cases highlighting how companies are adapting robotics technologies to enhance safety and productivity in operations
- Identify and benchmark key oil and gas companies based on their exposure to the robotics theme.
Table of Contents
- Robotic use case trends
- Technology trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory trends
- Applications of robotics in oil and gas
- Market size and growth forecasts
- Case study: Ocado
- Mergers and acquisitions
IMPACT OF ROBOTICS ON THE OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
- Case studies
- Robot manufacturers
- Software components - the brains
- Hardware components
GLOSSARYAPPENDIX: OUR THEMATIC RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- Public companies
- Private companies
- Oil and gas companies