1h Free Analyst TimeGlobal Luxury Goods Retailing, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
Speak directly to the analyst to clarify any post sales queries you may have.
The Global Luxury Market in 2017 produced only moderate growth due to a weak economic scenario worldwide, the reduced purchasing power of people, high inflation, political tensions between economies, and growing security threats. This discouraged sale of luxury and big ticket items and global luxury sales grew at 1.6% CAGR during 2012-2017 and stood at US$332.9 billion in 2017.
The Americas is the largest region for luxury sales at US$118.2 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.0% during 2017-2022 to reach US$144 billion by 2022. Wherein, Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region in the world and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1% during 2017-2022. This will be supported by the strong economic growth in the region, improved spending power of a rapidly growing upper middle class, a large young population, and surging online sales.
The global luxury market promises strong growth during the forecast period, supported by various factors such as economic recovery, improved purchasing power, growing online sales and a rising number of international tourists, especially Chinese tourists. Technology and innovation will remain the key differentiators for brands to sustain growing competition.
Online retail is swiftly emerging as a popular channel for luxury goods retailing due to growing internet penetration and use of smartphones worldwide. Moreover, the rising popularity of social media among youngsters encouraged luxury brands to strengthen their online presence to attract young shoppers.
The "Global Luxury Goods Retailing, 2017-2022" report provides analysis of current and forecast market data for luxury goods retail sales in different product categories globally.
- Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by region and 12 categories, including Clothing, Consumer Electronics, Drinks, Footwear, Homewares, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, Luggage and Leather goods, Personal Care, Communication Equipment, Stationery, Tobacco, and others
- Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
- Luxury Goods Retail Sales and fastest-growing markets for Luxury goods channel
- Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates
- Competitive landscape covering market share of major Luxury goods operators and their Luxury goods sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
Reasons to Buy
- Reliable Luxury goods retail sales data globally for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
- Explore an in-depth analysis of Luxury goods retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
- Learn from Luxury goods retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the Luxury goods retail landscape
- Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major Luxury goods retailers globally, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Table of ContentsExecutive summary
Overview & regional analysis
Mergers & acquisitions
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Ralph Lauren Corporation
- Michael Kors Holdings Ltd.
- Kering S.A.
- Compagnie Financière
- Richemont SA
- Burberry Group PLC
- Tiffany & Co.
- Hermes International S.A.
- Prada S.p.A.,Tod’s S.p.A